Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another LSAT journey: 130s ---> 156

JWellcomeJWellcome Member
in General 95 karma

Hey everyone, I just wanted to echo what others have said about 7Sage. It has been an immense help during my struggle with this test! There were times I thought I could not get over this hurdle. I was crushed, I had anxiety, I thought my dreams of attending law school would never be realized. It too every ounce of resolve to defeat this test once and for all.

You know it's tough, for others on the outside to comprehend what we all put ourselves through. The stress is real and you all understand that! I cannot thank you guys in the community enough for helping me through this. I am usually a lurker, and do not post often like so many of you, but it has nevertheless been amazing to be surrounded by so many dedicated individuals.

To JY, I owe you many thanks. Your countless video explanations along with your dry and witty sense of humor made the journey a little more enjoyable. I am sitting at the airport waiting to return home, drinking a blood orange IPA, and it feels good to sit bac kind reflect on my journey.

Thank you to all and god bless 7Sage! I hope you all have a great night, crush the LSAT, and get into the school of your dreams. It's not about the score, it's about your journey. Wow that's a cliché. But the thing about clichés is... they are usually true!

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

Congratulations!

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

Congrats & thanks 4 the encouragement.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Congratulations!! Best wishes and thanks for the encouragement :)

• JWellcomeJWellcome Member
    95 karma

Thanks guys, and good luck with studying!

• avoro002avoro002 Alum Member
    336 karma

Congratulations! That's an awesome increase!

• ev_jr615ev_jr615 Core Member
    66 karma

Hello, this is amazing!!any tips on LR?

95 karma

Yeah I would just skip question types that I wasn’t intuitively good at. I knew I wasn’t going to score a 170, so I tailored my skipping strategy to maximize my time available for question types I was more likely to get correct. For instance, I would skip a lot of the SA questions so I had more time to nail the more difficult flaw questions, because honestly I really struggled with SA questions. Also doing timed sections of LR helped, along with blind review. Trust yourself always, you can usually blow through the first ten questions or so on an LR section. POE, or zero in on the right answer, then move on. Just burn em and turn em.

• diamontediamonte Member
    2 karma

Congratulations! This was SO encouraging. How many months did it take to acquire this increase?

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    edited December 2020 815 karma

Congrats! As someone who started in the 130s about 1.5 years ago and am now testing in the 160s, I know and feel the pain. But there really is a pattern to this test and you realize that after doing PTs and blind reviewing. I think you and anyone who sets their mind to it, can break 160. Although, there may be diminishing returns after 165; as some questions some people will just never get, especially under timed conditions.

95 karma

@diamonte said:
    Congratulations! This was SO encouraging. How many months did it take to acquire this increase?

I took my diagnostic in the fall of 2018. I can't remember my exact score but it was lower than 135 I think. I studied on and off through 2018-2019. I was signed up for the October 2019 test but withdrew the night before. In January of 2020 I got a 149. Then I studied my arse off for November and finally got a score that I am proud of. There was so many times I almost gave up. The test gave me so much stress and anxiety, plus in the time I've been studying I have moved across the country, broken up with a significant other, and finished undergrad during covid. When it rains it pours!! But the sun will always shine down eventually.

• ___AZ______AZ___ Member
    87 karma

Thank you for sharing this encouraging note! It is great to read success stories -- more than ever when you are feeling down and defeated! Thank you for the hope!

95 karma

@This_is_Hard said:
    Congrats! As someone who started in the 130s about 1.5 years ago and am now testing in the 160s, I know and feel the pain. But there really is a pattern to this test and you realize that after doing PTs and blind reviewing. I think you and anyone who sets their mind to it, can break 160. Although, there may be diminishing returns after 165; as some questions some people will just never get, especially under timed conditions.

I totally hear ya there! I was originally shooting for 165 but figured I would have to take another year off. I am already turning 26 in March so I really didn't want to do that. You're right, the test is very learnable, but it does take a lot of effort to turn into a substantial score increase. More study hours does not always mean a higher score. I have learned that a more focused approach has led to a greater increase in scores. And like you said, anyone can break 160. Never underestimate the importance of blind review.

95 karma

@AZ said:
    Thank you for sharing this encouraging note! It is great to read success stories -- more than ever when you are feeling down and defeated! Thank you for the hope!

You bet bro!! And don't let this damn test consume your life. I quit drinking and having fun for a while to study harder, but that was counterintuitive. Go out and have some beers and let loose, then come back to it. I found that striking a balance was a huge key to getting over a rough spot. Crush it brooooo!!!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14060 karma

@JWellcome Congratulations!

• Congratulations on your success!

95 karma

Thanks guys!! And big shoutout to J.Y. you the man!

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

YAY CONGRATULATIONS :)

• PlatinumPlatinum Member
    363 karma

Congratulations that is awesome!

• 62 karma

Congrats!!

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4577 karma

Congratulations!!

• MistaTee001MistaTee001 Member
    105 karma

Congratulations!

• poornima-1poornima-1 Member
    52 karma

can you kindly share your strategy here, it'll benefit me.

95 karma

Thanks again guys for all the kind wishes!! so far 4 acceptances and no rejections this cycle !!