Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hardest LR sections?

hopefullinghopefulling Member
edited December 2020 in Logical Reasoning 905 karma

Hi!!
Is there an 'easy' way to find the hardest (5-star difficulty) LR sections or to see the difficulty of the LR sections in each of the PTs??

I can see this info for the tests in my analytics (for the sections that I've completed, since I started taking as Flex recently), and so far, I've only encountered 4-stars as the max difficulty - I don't even know if any 5-star ones exist (but, I have to imagine if they do for RC and LG that they do for LR). And, since I started taking PTs as 'flex,' I can't see the rating on the LR sections I haven't done.

I'd love to do a super-hard LR section as a timed practice (or to have a list of many to do) and short of looking into every PT, I don't know how to best find this info. :) Thanks for any help, if you know a shortcut (or know of sections!!).

I kind-of want to compile the data into a spreadsheet - I think it would be helpful. I'd like to also practice some 5-star difficult RC sections also ... but those are easy to find in the problem sets compared to the LR sections as a 'set.' Especially as my analytics grow and I end up working them in the process of doing PTs!! I'm concerned that I'm leaving some difficult LR sections behind by running my PTs as Flex.

• I already have a list (spreadsheet) of the LG difficulties that has been very helpful as I work through the PTs (and/or to know which specific PT LG sections I MUST do as a full set to simulate a super-difficult set experience (27, 34, 88).

Comments

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited December 2020 905 karma

OK ... I figured it out and managed to create a spreadsheet pretty quickly :smiley: .

My spreadsheet is a bit of a mess (there's a bit of discrepancy between the question bank section difficulties and the preptest analytics section difficulty). And, also, since I feel like I'm using 7sage's data (as well as Powerscore's), I don't feel comfortable putting the info out into the web-world. I don't want to violate anyone's copyrights, potentially sharing information with non-subscribers. ??

BUT, it's really easy to compile something like this for your own use. Plus, if you intend to try to take all of the PTs anyways, you don't really need to even bother - you'll have the info in your analytics. (For the LG and RC - probably also for LR, but with a lot more than '4' - they take the difficulty of each game/passage, add them up, then divide by 4). If you were tracking individual games/passages, you could write a formula to calculate this for you super-fast. (And then another formula that searches those numbers for MIN/MAX).

• Lawfulness29Lawfulness29 Member
    edited December 2020 307 karma

From 2017, so I would certainly add PT88 LG but here's a comprehensive list from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/71zteo/hardest_most_difficult_lsat_sections_ever_listed/

• LogicFool-1LogicFool-1 Core Member
    60 karma

Hello, I'm glad you managed!

Is there any chance you'd be willing to share the spreadsheet you made? I'm at the point in my studying where I only miss curve-breakers now both in LG and LR and this sounds super useful.

Thanks!

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited December 2020 905 karma

@Nickes29 , yeah, I already made a 'difficulty list' for logic games and noted this (also above ;p). I'm really ONLY looking for logical reasoning sections.

Also, as an FYI to anyone else looking at that list (I know I did!!),

That reddit post doesn't seem to be accurate. It has PT70-S4 listed as a 5-star difficulty section for logical reasoning and that doesn't appear to be the case. There are much harder 4-star sections and additionally, 7sage has it marked as a 3-star section.

The 5-star RC section is also not correct: 7sage has PT50's RC marked as a 3-star (and I've done it and there are much worse sets, it's actually mainstream) ???

I just wanted to warn anyone else trying to use that list, to be cautious that it might not be accurate. ?

• It's also fun to use the problem set to see which PT sections have the most 5-star questions in it. Although, as a balance of difficulty, they might also have a lot of easier questions (especially PT26-S2, which is only a 3-star rated difficulty)