Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can you read out loud on LSAT-FLEX?

edited December 2020 in General 41 karma

I think it would help me with my stress and focus on the exam if I can read passage out loud . But is it permissible?

can you read out loud on LSAT-FLEX
  1. can you read out loud on LSAT-FLEX27 votes
    1. yes you can
      14.81%
    2. no you cannot
      85.19%

Comments

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

i was quietly muttering to myself, depends on your volume really. obvi don't be loud but i dont think the proctors will notice if you're quiet

• rcuneo1rcuneo1 Member
    12 karma

According the official rules no, you cannot. "Reading out loud" is specifically listed as a prohibited behavior here: https://www.lsac.org/update-coronavirus-and-lsat/lsat-flex

I wouldn't recommend even quiet muttering because it depends on your proctor and that's too much risk. This is from Proctor U: "This may create a flagged event. If the whispering is very consistent and you can understand what the test-taker is saying, there [is] unfortunately no way for our system or proctors to know whether the tester is just reading aloud to themselves or speaking to another person in the room or on a device, etc."

I noticed that I read aloud a lot while I was studying and have had to really force myself out of the habit. I think it's been good to be very consistent in this because it's helped me from having to think "oh no don't talk out loud!" throughout my practice tests.

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited December 2020 905 karma

I think they (LSAC) don't want anyone reading aloud (softly or loudly), because they don't want some recording device in another room / out of sight of the camera room check capturing content and making a record of the test questions.