Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

J07 Diagnostic Score BR:156

annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
in General 439 karma

So I took the J07 test as recommended and I got a 141/156 BR. Yikes.... I feel like trash...Clearly, I have sooo much work to do. I am aiming for the high 160s/170 would be a dream come true. I guess I am curious to know how others have done on their diagnostic?

Comments

• sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member
    936 karma

I had the same diagnostic score as you back in the beginning of March and scored a 161 on the November exam. Shooting for 165 on January.

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

my diagnostic was 135 darling lol. I just cracked the 150s after studying on and off .

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I started not much different than you. After about a year and a half of studying (while working full time) I scored a 171!

This test is learnable - it just takes some desire, some hardwork, and some stubbornness. After learning the core concepts behind the test it's just about nitpicking what you're getting wrong - it's a grind!

• annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
    439 karma

@sheridjw First of all! Congrats on that November score. You will def crack that 165 in Jan! Really appreciate the feedback, it gives me hope :)

@learn2skipQs thanks for the feedback, I cant wait to see some gains like you! We got this.

@LSATcantwin 171!!! Wow, congrats! I have been noticing a lot of advice on understanding that this is a learnable test and that really does help going into this prep journey. I def plan on studying how ever long is needed.

• dutchiebrowndutchiebrown Member
    170 karma

I'm terrible at testing, mine was 129 when I started mid-October I've been ranging from 164-167 I plan to sit for the January LSAT my goal score is 170. I've studied consistently with one test per week. Don't give up, you can do it!!

• jpelberfeldjpelberfeld Alum Member
    87 karma

I started in mid 150s like you on BR and my last PT i got 169/176 after two months. I'm assuming you did your diagnostic completely cold like me. If you did, that's a very workable score to get up to the 170s. I recommend starting on games. If you can get 0/-1 on games consistently then you're golden. Drill your conditional logic so it's automatic. I've learned that under time pressure, knowing your conditional logic down cold is usually what separates the 0/-2 LR scorers from the -2/-4 LR scorers.