Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timed PT is still nowhere near BR

xegendaryxegendary Free Trial Member
in General 26 karma
Starting to wonder if taking the June LSAT is still possible. My last timed LSAT was 149 with a BR of 169, which is lower than last week's PT. I just can't seem to transition to timed practice. It's really frustrating. I've done all the cambridge packet drills, tried to complete the first 10 in 10 minutes, I've even jumped around in search for the easiest questions but nothing seems to help. I've come to a point where I can't even sleep. I go the whole day taking short naps with little drive to study. It's like I'm dealing with an immovable, unclimbable brick wall.

Anyone in this position? What should I do? This is BY FAR the hardest thing I've come across in my entire life and it's ruining me.

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    It really is. I've committed myself to 18 months of this (almost 5 months in already). JY wasn't kidding when he recommended a year. Those who've gone at least a year into this process have testified that they're actually smarter people as a result of preparing for this test. The LSAT is no joke.
  • JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma
    Hey dude! I know this may sound perhaps odd but...it's okay to take a break and rest your mind. Even this close to the test. I kind of just went through something similar to you and I think it's because I'm overstudying/anxious/stressed/overthinking everything. Take a step back and use the LSAT analytics page that this course has provided and review your lessons. Lastly try not to build Rome in a day. Set a study schedule for yourself each day that is reasonable and achievable yet gives you time to watch Netflix. A healthy mind is essential to success on this test.
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    Not sure if June is a good decision for you but don't get discouraged. You obviously can get questions right, now you just have to practice your timing. I'm not sure how many practice tests you have left but I'm assuming a lot. I'd just go through one or two time up instead of time down. Basically force yourself to push the pace but be more worried about getting them right than finishing. With whatever is left go ahead and save those to push the pace again. Don't guess, go through the process for each question, for example, find the conclusion, find the premise, find the support, figure out what the question type is figure out why each answer is wrong but do it as fast as possible and then do it faster next time.

I personally read the question, figure what it is and since I know what I have to do I know exactly what I'm looking for and when I get to the answer choices I can easily cross a few out. After awhile it just gets easier, most LR questions take under a minute for me. Games depend but I usually have a few minutes to spare, RC well thats just a toss up for me.
  • gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
    68 karma
    Yes me too I ve been at the mid 150's on Pt and my BR is in mid to high 160's.
    I Am combing through conditional lessons since I think this is the LSAT alphabet .
    When is the very last date we can cancel test ?
  • gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
    68 karma
    Also very important I think br is taking me 40 minutes vs 35 on timed.
    Seems attainable but obviously I'm not there yet. :(
  • harrison.krupnickharrison.krupnick Alum Member
    25 karma
    I'm the exact same boat as @xegendary. I BR at 166+ and PT at 149. I've started to time myself up on the logical reasoning sections and went from getting 12 right timed down to getting 16 right timed up. I think this is helping. I'm continuing to time myself up for the rest of the week and see what I can do when I take a proctored and timed PT on Sunday.
  • moocow314moocow314 Alum Member
    140 karma
    @gstar2015 I know you have the option to withdraw your registration by midnight the day before the exam (so June 7 at 11:59 pm; no refund) if you decide you're not ready to take it.

If you decide to take it and aren't feeling confident about your performance, you have the option of cancelling your score on the answer sheet during the exam. After the exam, you can request a cancellation by submitting a form to the LSAC (they have to receive it within six days of the exam).

Keep in mind that law schools won't know if you decide to withdraw the night before (at least I'm pretty sure this is the case), but they will know if you decide to cancel a score.

• KelsoK13KelsoK13 Alum Member
    21 karma
    I started working on my timing by practicing sections individually. The LSAT trainer had some good timing strategies that I worked on before I tried to do full length practice tests. I think that a big piece of it for me was getting to where it was habit to 1. Read the question stem (figure out your job) 2. Find the conclusion 3. Find the support 4. Predict the right answer. 5. Eliminate all the wrong answers. This is something I don't even have to think about now, and I go through this process really quickly. This is a process that 7sage and the LSAT trainer teach you.