January LSAT Flex - Best Plan for Improvement

LawCoachLawCoach Core Member

Took the LSAT in October, and got a 149. My average practice test was a 151. During my first test, it was a very time consuming part of the year for my job. Recently joined 7 sage, and looking to improve a few points for the January LSAT.

Yes I should have started studying a year ago. Curious to what ideas are out there to achieve this bump in a few weeks. Not looking for a quick fix, but just the best way to pepare with the time left.

Appreciate the advice in advance!

Comments

• cullenleacullenlea Core Member
    edited January 2021 22 karma

Take practice Flex tests in the exact spot you plan to take the January test at the exact time you expect to take the Flex. Make sure they're timed just like the real thing. Blind review the heck out of them. Then do practice questions for games/types you don't do well on in the interim. You're getting your mind prepared for the test. I play to take around 10 Flex tests before I take the real thing later this month. I'm taking one today. Be sure to eat something before you take the practice tests as well.

• LawCoachLawCoach Core Member
    10 karma

@cullenlea - Thanks for the advice. Definitely seems like a really practical approach. Currently using some of the curriculum to reexamine the high priority areas from the practice tests that I took prior to my LSAT in October (also prior to 7 sage).

But I really like the idea of getting game ready with taking actual practice tests in testing conditions.

• cullenleacullenlea Core Member
    22 karma

Yeah, just make sure you're taking the practice tests in the same environment you expect a few weeks from now. Making yourself comfortable is paramount so you don't panic on the test. I've done this myself. I do well on Prep but I haven't done the best on the real thing. I'm trying to get myself so confident that I won't panic at all during the actual test.

• LawCoachLawCoach Core Member
    10 karma

@cullenlea for sure, that makes a lot of sense. Similarly, I did the same thing on my first one. Got so focused on timing, that I lost sight on the true task of getting as many questions right as possible. Finished each section with some extra time on it, and even felt good about it after the test. After getting the results, I realized that I fell into the trap of moving too fast.