Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ProctorU Extension Concern

AOAOx2kk-1AOAOx2kk-1 Core Member

So for me, the mic and camera are fine but the issue is that apparently my computer settings can't be read because it can't connect to the ProctorU system servers and I don't have the ProctorU Extension version. When I went to download it, the sheer level of invasiveness and lack of privacy warning I got before downloading it was extremely concerning. I want to make sure my set up works well before the test itself so I can resolve any issues that may appear, but the privacy issue above, along with what other students were saying in the reviews about not being able to take their exams with the auto proctor makes me wonder if there is possibly any way to avoid having to download that extension? Anyone facing a similar dilemma or have suggestions??

Comments

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    905 karma

I didn't think you could take the test without the extension installed.

I have the plugin installed on a browser that I never use and plan to uninstall it as soon as the test is finished. I don't like the idea of it either, but as it's a part of the testing format, I've just come to accept that temporarily, someone will have total access to everything on my laptop (which is to say, since it's also rather new, there's nothing on it to begin with ;p). I'd have a bigger problem if they had access to the stuff on my main computer!

Maybe that might help?? If you stick it on a browser that you don't use ... and move off anything you would never want anyone else to access (bank files, passwords, etc). ??