Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anxiety About Upcoming Jan Flex Score Release Ughhhhhh

asdf12345asdf12345 Member
edited January 2021 in General 271 karma

I know that I probably should just get my mind off it and relax but I Can't.
I'm literally going through every post about the test on reddit and on 7sage to, i don't even know, validate my own feelings? lol
My pt average for the past 7 tests have been around 170.5, worst PT being 168 and the best being 173.
On the real thing, the anxiety was insane i totally feel like i bombed the whole test except LG which I had 8 minutes left bc it was so damn easy. I wish I got a hard LG and easier RC because LG is my best section smh
Honestly I can't even remember what I read during the LR and RC sections.
I hope that my actual score is within my range. It would be so disheartening if I end up a full -10 below my average

Does anyone else think their intuitions after the test are the same as the real score? I honestly think it could go either way (good or bad) but the fact that I can't get a grasp is giving me really bad anxiety.

Comments

• cpccall608cpccall608 Free Trial Member
    140 karma

Following...have never been so stressed. And also can’t remember anything from the test, hoping that’s normal???

• heiden.lee.jeffheiden.lee.jeff Core Member
    10 karma

I already know I bombed it LOL. Atleat im not anxious because I know it will be bad. I'm retaking this February though so I'll keep studying

• DanielMacTavishDanielMacTavish Alum Member
    161 karma

Kind of in the same camp because I had the same exact thing with LG. Had 8 minutes going into the last game but I think I fumbled to be honest. Had to guess on three or four questions and it kind of psyched me out for the rest of the test since LG was my first section and it set the tone. Definitely more anxious than after the November Flex.

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

same :(

• cpccall608cpccall608 Free Trial Member
    140 karma

Does anyone know what time of day the scores will be posted?

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@cpccall608 i think it’s 9am est so 6am pst. At least it was for November

• RosenvibesRosenvibes Member
    64 karma

Yes, I relate... I thought the RC was extremely difficult, ran out of time for the last few questions.. When are the Jan scores released? What day?

• cdanaher7cdanaher7 Member
    21 karma

@Rosenvibes said:
    Yes, I relate... I thought the RC was extremely difficult, ran out of time for the last few questions.. When are the Jan scores released? What day?

Feb 3. To me, it feels like an eternity from now lol

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I've been trying to focus on running (I've increased my mileage so drastically since the test that I'm starting to hurt), app essays, and some light day trading (GME for the win!) to keep my mind off score release... been working so far. I hope to take the same approach to apps... send and forget, as opposed to refreshing LSD every 20 minutes like last cycle.

• cmoren21cmoren21 Member
    217 karma

I can’t stop thinking about it and I’m so scared that if I don’t cancel it and it’s worse than my first time it’ll make it impossible to get an acceptance. I don’t know how I did. I can’t say if I did great or if I bombed it and that makes it so difficult to stay calm.

• TimeIsMoneyTimeIsMoney Member
    495 karma

I took the flex and felt like I bombed the logical reasoning section and i screwed up an entire LG section so i had to go back and fix it, which made me guess the last 5 questions. After i got done testing everyone was asking me how i did and i honestly felt so flustered and nervous. Those next 2 weeks waiting SUCKED but I ended up only 2 points below my average. Your mind gets racing after the test and you assume the worst. Just take a breath and know that no matter what happens, you can always take it again if you have to! Don't let it consume you, its out of your control now

8313 karma

@cmoren21 said:
    I can’t stop thinking about it and I’m so scared that if I don’t cancel it and it’s worse than my first time it’ll make it impossible to get an acceptance.

There are lots of reasons to be nervous. This isn't one of them. Imagine an extreme example... you score say a 178 and then a 150... write an addendum whatever. It is in every way in a school's best interest to see you as a 178 as long as you give them a good reason why the score changed. And every LSAT in the past year has a good reason built directly into it.

• cmoren21cmoren21 Member
    217 karma

@canihazJD said:

@cmoren21 said:
    I can’t stop thinking about it and I’m so scared that if I don’t cancel it and it’s worse than my first time it’ll make it impossible to get an acceptance.

There are lots of reasons to be nervous. This isn't one of them. Imagine an extreme example... you score say a 178 and then a 150... write an addendum whatever. It is in every way in a school's best interest to see you as a 178 as long as you give them a good reason why the score changed. And every LSAT in the past year has a good reason built directly into it.

Thank you for this! You're always so helpful on these forums. I definitely always thought of myself as a confident person until I started applying to law school and studying for the LSAT. It feels better hearing these things even if I already know them subconsciously.

8313 karma

@cmoren21 said:
    Thank you for this! You're always so helpful on these forums. I definitely always thought of myself as a confident person until I started applying to law school and studying for the LSAT. It feels better hearing these things even if I already know them subconsciously.

Ducks fly together.

• asdf12345asdf12345 Member
    271 karma

I'm one of those people who fare well with intense pressure during exams but this flex I'm just so unsure whether I did well or not. It's kind of like my "last chance," so I think that's making me even more nervous than I should. I mean I guess I could get a job and restudy for next year's cycle but I just don't want to do that...UGH Really hope that we all get the score we want and deserve.

• sakethsaran1998-1sakethsaran1998-1 Alum Member
    246 karma

Its normal to assume the worst. Your mind tends to only recollect the questions you had a hard time with. I took the International flex in October and Instantly knew I bombed it. My tutor told me its a normal feeling that all her students have but they always score around the average of their last 4practice tests. I ended up scoring my average and so did the others I spoke to(Also thought they bombed their test)