Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grading Prep Tests

1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
edited February 2021 in General 422 karma

Based on my understanding, 7Sage's flex converter as well as that of other prep test companies are based on estimates of how they think tests have been scaled now that there are only three graded sections. When taking PTs is it better to just stick to the older scale (4 section scale) versus the new estimated conversions? I took the regular four section PT last week and then converted it using the 7Sage flex calculator. When I converted my score (using my best LR section), my score went up by three points. This is why I'm nervous about using the flex scale to grade my prep tests. Would greatly appreciate any input regarding how to grade PTs so that they best reflect your score. Thanks!

Comments

• CardsnHogzCardsnHogz Alum Member
    168 karma

Personally, I was having trouble figuring out how I would incorporate the extra LR sections. Now that they're adding an experimental section, they solved this problem for me. I'll do the extra LR section for the stamina and getting used to a 4 section test, and also have a more accurate score!