Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about deposits

Hello everyone,

I applied to the University of Illinois about a month ago, shortly before the deadline. I have not heard back yet. On their website, it says their first deposit is due on April 19. I don't really know what this means. Even though I have not heard of a decision, could/should I pay this deposit?

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. The deposit deadline is for admitted candidates to deposit and commit to attending the school. Since you have not yet received a decision, this date of April 19 doesn't apply to you. If you are admitted later in the cycle, your admit letter will let you know what your specific deposit deadline will be. Good luck!

• ryanrigerryanriger Member
    23 karma

@"selene.steelman" said:
    Former admissions officer here. The deposit deadline is for admitted candidates to deposit and commit to attending the school. Since you have not yet received a decision, this date of April 19 doesn't apply to you. If you are admitted later in the cycle, your admit letter will let you know what your specific deposit deadline will be. Good luck!

Thank you for answering.

Since you were an admissions officer, what do you think my chances are at this school with a 170 and a 3.8? I’m anxious about the decision