Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time anxiety

2025FutureEsq2025FutureEsq Core Member
in General 102 karma

I constantly find myself checking my remaining time especially during RC and LC. I know this puts me at a disadvantage because i get so stressed about making sure that i have enough time to answer the remaining questions that i don't put my full effort into answering the questions right in front of me. All- in- all i feel distracted because of my constant need to watch the remaining time clock. Does anyone have any advice/tips that have helped them?

Comments

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

Can you try blocking out the time? Like if you click on the time remaining during a problem set, it should go away/not be visible. I have a rough idea of what a minute feels like as I do questions so I know when to move on. I also have an idea of how quickly I should be progressing through based on time remaining. I maybe look at the clock 2/3 times per set? Not sure what others would suggest though! This is always a tricky problem

• Burden.of.FloofBurden.of.Floof Core Member
    1050 karma

I have the same issue sometimes. You can tell yourself "don't think about the time" but it's the same thing as telling someone not to think about pink elephants... it's all you end up thinking about!

I think the suggestion about blocking out the time is a good one.
    Here's an idea: Try drilling problem sets (6-10 questions) and click on the time to block it out. Don't be tempted to look at it, if you run out of time, you run out of time... it's just a problem set. As you're going, think about the pace at which you need to read to gain understanding of the stimulus and the ACs. If you do this drill enough times, you should start to 1) develop an internal clock, 2) gain enough confidence to the point where you won't need to check the clock as often, and 3) develop a solid rhythm/pace to get through questions.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

@namishaajit1 I would hide the timer on LawHub and 7 sage. I try to take the time to comprehend the stimulus and passage, not rush.

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

turning off the clock helped me substantially - meaning clicking the timer - so that it doesn't show you the time. From there I was able to give my full focus to the test!