Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buffering Issues

Is anyone else having buffering issues on the videos? I have for the past 3 days. I've restarted my computer, joined different Wi-Fi networks, and cleared the past 7 days of my cache but nothing as worked so far. Does anyone have a solution?

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello, is this when the page first loads or will it buffer in the middle of the video. I will get videos that will buffer when I first load the page, like it will just have the spinning circle and not even allow me to click the play button. I just hit the refresh button and it normally fixes the problem for me.

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    edited April 2021 853 karma

Hi there,

Sorry about that.

I just tried opening the explanation video for LSAT 47 - Section 4 - Game 1. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the issue. The video continued to play without buffering issues on my end. I am using Google Chrome on Windows.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this and figure it out so that it's working on your side too! Can you please let me know which video is not working for you? Are you able to play videos without issues from other sites (e.g. Youtube)?

To avoid possible causes, you can try changing your video player to a more compatible one. Here’s how:

1. Go to Account settings
    2. Under Profile Settings
    3. Tap on the drop down menu under Video Player
    4. Select "Basic - Most compatible player with least features"
    5. Tap “Save Changes” as shown below:

You can also try using a different web browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.).

Please let us know how it goes, we'll be here to help!

• turvsbroturvsbro Member
    90 karma

I have had similar issues where videos will pause to buffer every 2-3 seconds. Really irritating and makes it impossible to focus/watch :(

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@turvsbro said:
    I have had similar issues where videos will pause to buffer every 2-3 seconds. Really irritating and makes it impossible to focus/watch :(

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble.

Have you tried the troubleshooting tips mentioned in Theo's comment above?

If you are still having trouble after changing your Video Player and switching to a different browser, please let us know what device you are using and what browser so that we can investigate the issue.

• 32 karma

@"Theo --" @Juliet-- I was able to fix the issue. Thanks!

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    853 karma

Hi @"Fall2022 w Full Ride",

Great! Thanks for the update!

Please feel free to reach out if you find any other problems, or if you have any questions.

You can also send us an email at studentservice@7sage.com