Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simulating LSAT-flex on Lawhub?

123anami123anami Member
in General 388 karma

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has tips on how to simulate the flex on Lawhub website. I want to get used to the interface but also since I'm just taking the flex, I don't want to do the whole 4 sections. (if theres no option I will - but just want to ask in case someone has tips on this) :) thank you!

On the other hand - has those who only practiced on the 7sage preptests interface to take the flex had any difficulty with the Lawhub interface during the exam?

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

I have both taken the LSAT Flex and use 7Sage for PTing, and my one recommendation is to be sure you use the LSAT font when taking PTs on 7Sage. I have not found there is much of a difference at all as long as that is the same. Functionally they are the same. Hope that helps!

• 3 karma

You can take it section by section and skip one of the sections. Just be sure to be done with each section at time and don't take breaks. It's not ideal but will give you a sense of the test. I took the LSAT in April and it felt very similar to the PTs I took. Hope that helps!

• calmacalma12calmacalma12 Member
    41 karma

@sarakimmel I'm kind of new to 7Sage, so how do you change the font to the LSAT font when taking practice tests on 7Sage?

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

@sarakimmel omg wait you can do this? How do you change it because I've looked and can't figure it out, it sounds ideal

388 karma

@eleanordavis1021 said:
    You can take it section by section and skip one of the sections. Just be sure to be done with each section at time and don't take breaks. It's not ideal but will give you a sense of the test. I took the LSAT in April and it felt very similar to the PTs I took. Hope that helps!

yeah i thought about this too .. it's definitely not ideal because you don't know which of the sections to skip haha but if it comes down to it, it is what it is.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @wenjia09 and @123anami,

The Standard theme in the digital tester is the closest setting we currently have to the real LSAT test. See screenshot below on how to change the theme:

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

388 karma

@"Juliet--" said:
    Hi @wenjia09 and @123anami,

The Standard theme in the digital tester is the closest setting we currently have to the real LSAT test. See screenshot below on how to change the theme:

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you @Juliet-- !!!

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

@123anami said:
    On the other hand - has those who only practiced on the 7sage preptests interface to take the flex had any difficulty with the Lawhub interface during the exam?

@123anami Definitely do some RC practice on LawHub. The interface has a "Passage Only View" -- which allows you to see the whole passage without scrolling -- but more importantly, there are no line numbers. Instead, it will highlight a portion of the passage or direct you to it in the stem (e.g. "In the last sentence of paragraph two..."). It sounds like a relatively minor issue but it takes some getting used to.

Other than that, I've always used the 7Sage "Standard" theme for the rest of the test [I take RC on LawHub, but made a script to hide the correct answers so I don't see them when I transfer over my answers to 7Sage -- I'd be happy to share it], and I had no issues adapting to LawHub's interface on the real exam for the other sections.

Hope that helps!

388 karma

@"Jordan Johnson" said:
    The interface has a "Passage Only View" -- which allows you to see the whole passage without scrolling -- but more importantly, there are no line numbers. Instead, it will highlight a portion of the passage or direct you to it in the stem (e.g. "In the last sentence of paragraph two...").

You are so right - I took a pt on Lawhub way back and totally forgot about this minor difference. Thank you!!

• lawandyodalawandyoda Live Member
    179 karma

What is the font style used in "standard" mode? e.g., what font style/name does Law Hub use? I appreciate any help you can provide.