Practice tests - my score vs "average" score

A. LordeA. Lorde Member
in General 38 karma

Hello friends. I'm curious about what metric our practice tests are gauged against. The "average" score that is shown next to my practice test results - is that the average of 7sagers while they're working on the curriculum? Is it an average of everyone who has taken the LSAT? Is it the average of students who are studying for the LSAT?

Thank you in advance.

help

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

If you're talking about the bar next to each next to each question, that is there to show you how the percentage of 7sagers who scored the same as you on that PT got that question right. So if you see a 57% next to that bar, it means that 57% of 7sagers who got the same score as you on that PT got the question right.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@"A. Lorde" said:
    Hello friends. I'm curious about what metric our practice tests are gauged against. The "average" score that is shown next to my practice test results - is that the average of 7sagers while they're working on the curriculum? Is it an average of everyone who has taken the LSAT? Is it the average of students who are studying for the LSAT?

Thank you in advance.

help

The percentage under the answer choice means the percentage of 7Sage students who chose that answer.

The scores above the answer choices are the average PrepTest scores of 7Sage students who chose that answer. So for example, the screenshot below where it says 167 for A, that means of everyone who took that PrepTest, we look at the subset of those people who chose A for that question and we average their PrepTest scores. It came out to 167.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

• A. LordeA. Lorde Member
    38 karma

@Juliet-- thanks for your response. I am asking specifically about the overall score on the practice tests. I understand that the individual questions are compared to other 7sagers. I'm asking just about the overall score on the practice test.

For example, an overall score of 154 is said to be in the 60th percentile. Is that of 7sagers? Or overall, of actual historical LSAT scores?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited May 2021 5740 karma

@"A. Lorde" said:
    @Juliet-- thanks for your response. I am asking specifically about the overall score on the practice tests. I understand that the individual questions are compared to other 7sagers. I'm asking just about the overall score on the practice test.

For example, an overall score of 154 is said to be in the 60th percentile. Is that of 7sagers? Or overall, of actual historical LSAT scores?

Hi there,

Sorry about that.

The LSAT score you receive when you take a PrepTest on 7Sage, is calculated based on the LSAC's score conversion table for that PrepTest . You might find the following helpful: How to Calculate Your LSAT Scores and Percentile. Please note that the score conversion table is based on 4 section PrepTests, except for PrepTest May 2020 which is a Flex.

If you take a PrepTest in Flex mode, please note that the scaled scores generated from Flex mode is based on having the same raw to scaled conversion table, but scored as though there was only one LR section (one half of the usual amount) with the raw score scaled up to account for reduction in number of questions. Because no one outside of LSAC knows how the LSAT Flex scoring will actually be done, this is just an educated guess.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

• A. LordeA. Lorde Member
    38 karma

Thank you! That makes sense.

5740 karma

@"A. Lorde" said:
    Thank you! That makes sense.

You're welcome!