Can my job experience be good/strong soft?

zetgi0215zetgi0215 Free Trial Member
edited April 7 in Law School Admissions 8 karma

ddddd

Comments

• edited May 2021 1952 karma

@zetgi0215 said:
    I have a bachelor's degree in engineering and a master's course in the same department. Also, I has been working as a patent attorney in Korea for about two years. Could these be considered one of the good soft?

are you an llm applicant or a jd applicant? for jd-admissions, i've heard many times from the admissions deans and consultants that a stem degree is generally considered a good/relatively unique major – and i think you can really tell a consistent and compelling story if you also have work experience in patent law and write about continuing your professional interests.
    i can't comment anything about the llm process. hopefully someone else can jump in and give insights.
    good luck!

• zetgi0215zetgi0215 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

very thanks!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

It's viewed as a plus. Good work!

• Brigitte-1Brigitte-1 Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    25 karma

As someone who used to review files for a top school and is now an admissions consultant with 7sage, I will say that solid work experience is a great soft. It's hard to quantify how much it will help you of course....but it will at least show that you are employable and , in your case, it sounds like you have experience in patent law which will demonstrate that you have a good idea what the practice of law entails....all good things. The numbers really do matter, but great work experience is a solid bonus. Good luck!