Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caffeine Pills

edited May 2021 in General 571 karma

I have found that I am much more attentive during my PTs when I consume a moderate amount of coffee. This would be expected. That being said, it comes with the side effect of non-stop bathroom breaks. The alternative is caffeine pills (~100mg), which would not have the same adverse effect. Unfortunately, the FDA will not allow pills to be made with pure caffeine because people could have cardiac arrest. This also means that the pills typically have other sketchy ingredients to fill in the gap. Caffeine would especially help with reading comprehensions and maintaining awareness. Any ideas?

Comments

• feistyhorsesfeistyhorses Core Member
    53 karma

Caffeine has a half-life of about five hours, so I would recommend using that to calculate how much coffee you would need to consume early enough to not have to pee nonstop but still have the desired amount of caffeine in your system.

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

clif coffee bars might be a good alternative for you

• REBLLLLLLLREBLLLLLLL Member
    25 karma

I used to take caffeine pills, and never had any issues. I say try one out considering you already consume a lot of coffee. I no longer take them because I found that a nitro cold brew has the same effect!

• 1952 karma

i eat a few chocolate-covered espresso beans for snack, and they've been great alternatives to liquid coffee.

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma

Don't they make caffeinated mints? I had a student of mine once eat a bunch of those on test day and proceed to be jittery the whole way through because that was the first time she'd ever had them (moral: don't do something for the first time on test day morning), so they're pretty strong from what I understand.