August 3 + 1 Format

andmcgirtandmcgirt Member

When is 7sage going to integrate the 3 + 1 Format of the August 2021 and beyond to the testing software? I think it would really advantage students for real test scenario?

Comments

• Learned AstronomerLearned Astronomer Free Trial Member
    145 karma

I agree. I'd love to see this feature implemented.

• 273 karma

Following! This would be great.

• JustaKidJustaKid Member
    114 karma

If you take a normal prep test on 7sage it is a four section test. I think it is good practice for mental endurance. While in August we do not know how the distribution of sections will be we know that there is at least 1 LR 1 LG and 1 RC, the current prep test gives you 2 LR 1 RC 1 LG which is pretty close. You can always not take the second LR in the prep test and pull your own experimental section from another Prep test (like an LG section or RC).

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited June 2021 5740 karma

@"mcgirty.5" said:
    When is 7sage going to integrate the 3 + 1 Format of the August 2021 and beyond to the testing software? I think it would really advantage students for real test scenario?

Hi there,

We are currently looking into this. Unfortunately, we don't have a roll-out date or any other details yet. Sorry!

In the meantime, you can take the regular 4-section PrepTests with our Digital tester. You can also simulate LSAT Flex by checking the box labeled "Simulate Flex" next to the PrepTest name in the Digital Tester. This will skip the second LR section.

See the example below:

You can also create a custom Problem Set with one section from either LG, LR, or RC. If you aren't familiar with the custom problem set interface, here are more detailed instructions on how to do this:

1. Navigate to Problem Sets.
    2. Filter PrepTests to show
    3. Filter Sections (LG, RC, or LR)
    4. Filter tags by tapping (optional)
    5. Filter further by typing keywords like "pt35" (optional)
    6. Tap the plus icon at the leftmost column to add all the questions, or scroll down and mark the questions you want to include with the plus icon on the left
    7. Finally, tap on "Create Problem Set with ... questions" located at the bottom of the page

Let us know if you have any further questions.