Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easier/Harder LR Questions Correct Discrepancy

edited June 2021 in Logical Reasoning 571 karma

I am not sure if there is some psychological phenomenon that underlies this problem, but I seemingly get more of the easier questions incorrect than the most difficult ones. For background, I have managed to generally get my LR down to -2 to -4. Of those, the majority or all of the missed questions are the "medium" strength ones -- think 3rd level of difficulty. I think this might be more of an issue with attempting to speed through the initial part of the test, which tends to be fine, but carrying that speed over into the middle portion of the test where difficulty begins to rise. I think it might have to do with the delay in my mind adapting to the difficulty that causes me to miss those medium strength questions. If anyone has faced this specific problem as well, please let me know!

Comments

• 476 karma

Hey! I can relate, I notice that my mistakes begin from Q. 15 and it's because I am rushing. Also the depth of reasoning required is different so I think that's why the time and intentionality matters in those sections.

Do you have any advice on improving LR, I usually score anywhere between 4-8 and it's been very inconsistent. Any advice helps.

Thanks!

• edited June 2021 571 karma

Thanks for responding, glad to know I am not the only one! For me, it simply took a lot of practice and repetition. I always considered myself to be a logical person (doesn't everyone?) but I also overcomplicated the issues. Learning all of the strategies, tips, and tricks muddled my mind at first. As they became integrated into my implicit thoughts and I stopped thinking about actively engaging my knowledge, I improved greatly. So, chances are you might be an over thinker like me. I think doing a couple of questions each day and really seeking to understand incorrect answers will improve your accuracy over time. Just be consistent!