Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August LSAT Test change

ledkarlyledkarly Member

hi! I am scheduled to take the test in August and October. I don't think I'm ready to take it in August, would I be able to cancel that test? I know I wouldn't get my money back, but I don't want to take it if I'm not ready. Or am I forced to take it in August?

Comments

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

or does it look bad on my application?

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited July 2021 4577 karma

Hey there! You can withdraw from the test 24 hours before the test date without anything showing on your record. So law school admissions committees will not even know if you signed up.

483 karma

Would I still be able to do the cancel score for October?

483 karma

@Christopherr said:
    Hey there! You can withdraw from the test 24 hours before the test date without anything showing on your record. So law school admissions committees will not even know if you signed up.

Would I still be able to do the cancel score for October given that I don't take the August LSAT (my first test?)

• venusx17-1venusx17-1 Member
    191 karma

Yes, you would

• JohnathanJohnathan Core Member
    edited July 2021 82 karma

@ledkarly - Don't rush it, just push the test. If it's your first time I would highly recommend the Score Preview Option. If you're not ready to sit for the LSAT I would change your test date or withdraw and sign up for a new date (check the deadlines before you do anything). Whenever you're ready, take the test with Score Preview knowing that you can take the test, see your results and only get one cancellation out of it (if you don't like your score). Admissions can see canceled tests (not a big deal...if it doesn't become a habit). Keep studying, here is some more info from the LSAC on your question. Good luck!

https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/lsat-scoring/canceling-scores-without-score-preview-option

• 3 karma

Maybe others would disagree with me, but even if you aren't entirely ready maybe you should just go ahead and take it! You can get a feel for what it is like to actually take the test, and maybe if you think of it more as an 'official practice test' you will not feel as much stress or test anxiety. You can always cancel it if you do poorly! And who knows, maybe with reduced stress you will do a lot better than you think. Just a thought!

483 karma

@"MaKenna Zoglmann" said:
    Maybe others would disagree with me, but even if you aren't entirely ready maybe you should just go ahead and take it! You can get a feel for what it is like to actually take the test, and maybe if you think of it more as an 'official practice test' you will not feel as much stress or test anxiety. You can always cancel it if you do poorly! And who knows, maybe with reduced stress you will do a lot better than you think. Just a thought!

Hi MaKenna!

I have been scoring better than I was when I first wrote this post, so I am planning on writing it in 2 weeks with the mentality that it will be my only write, and hopefully it will be! Totally agree with you that it will reduce my stress and hopefully do better than I think!

Wish me luck and will keep you updated on how I do!