Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you ever feel ultra-confident on harder LR questions when doing them timed?

zoomzoomzoomzoom Member

I've been drilling LR questions for my weak spots for a while now. And I certainly think I am getting better at them. Yesterday I did a set of Weaken questions, which used to be a huge weak spot, but I got nearly all of them right. I was very happy about that.

The only thing that concerned me was that I took a pretty long time on the set of questions, sometime 5 minutes on each question. There was no actual rush as I was more focused on my mechanics and that I actually did the questions well. But a lot of the time was spent because there was maybe 1-2 answers that I could not rule out and I kept try to reason why they wouldn't be the case.

My question is this - if doing these questions timed, do you ever feel ultra-confident with your answer on harder LR questions before you move on? My gut instinct usually tells me why I feel drawn to a specific answer (and usually its the right one) but I can't rule out other answers as quickly as I like. But under timed conditions, you got to move and it all happens so fast.

What are people's thoughts on this? Is this a bad thing or does timed pressure mean you proceed forward with something less than 100% certainty?

Comments

• 67 karma

J.Y. says in one of his explanation videos that often on the LSAT, you have to trade time for that feeling of 100% confidence. Maybe others can share different experiences, but on harder LR questions, I have mostly found what J.Y. says to be true.