Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Progress experiences.

mikeysaikaleymikeysaikaley Alum Member
edited June 2015 in General 116 karma
Hey everyone! I have not yet bought a package from 7sage, but probably will go with the premium option. I'm a Canadian looking toward getting a score of around 160-163 to be competitive at Canadian law schools.

I'm entering 4th year university and was on the edge of whether I should apply for the 2016 cycle or wait till I graduate to study for the LSAT and apply for the 2017 cycle.

If I start prepping now I have around 3 months ( I know you can't reach your full potential in this short time). I would just like to hear some of your progress stories and whether 3 months of serious studying is enough to break the 160 barrier.

Thank you, and I look forward to communicating with you guys in the future.

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    In 3 months, I went from a 141 to 155. I averaged 15-20 hours of study per week and hadn’t even gotten to doing a lot of PTs. It’s not what you’re looking for, but maybe you’re starting from a different place than I am. But, all in all, I’m very happy with the 14 point increase. 7Sage is great! Throw in the LSAT Trainer and you’ve got an excellent prep program.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    It's definitely important to know what your diagnostic is because if all you need is a 160-163, it's possible you might already hit that, or be pretty close. You can definitely get through 7Sage in less than two months and then have a month or more to PT so I'd take a diagnostic now if you haven't already, and then make your decision with that information. I know J.Y. says three months is not enough time to study, which is true for people with low diagnostics and/or high score goals. If you're in between those points on both ends then I think you could pull it off in three months if you had the time to dedicate yourself fully to LSAT prep.

I've only really prepped since March (I did a little bit last fall but nothing too serious) and went from a 158 diagnostic to an average of 165.3 over four PTs (with a high of 171 and a BR average of 167.75). I've since added the Trainer and have definitely benefited from a fresh perspective and I'd highly recommend it along with 7Sage.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    It will likely depend on how busy you are during those three months. You would likely also have a better prediction once having a diagnostic score.

By the way, I am entering my second year at a Canadian law school. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Best of luck.