Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prep test progress

ewb08640ewb08640 Free Trial Member
edited September 2013 in General 19 karma
This thread might be geared more towards the instructors... Anyhow, I was wondering if there are certain benchmarks one should meet with X amount of weeks left to expect X range in score. For example, if writing the October test (t-minus 4 weeks!) where should one be today if they were looking to score a 165 ? A 170? I guess it's reasonable to expect a steadily increasing score until test day if you haven't quite reached your potential yet. At the same time, I think it could be strategically better to set more realistic expectations. Any advice?

Comments

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    We generally recommend a student to be within 3 points of their target score 3 weeks out from the test date. Then, in the last three weeks, see if anything happens. If not, push back to a later date.

Ideally, you're at your target score 3 weeks out, but few people are there.
  • jasonshaffer0359jasonshaffer0359 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    When you say "at your target score" does that mean an average of say, the last five tests? Or simply meaning that you have hit your target score on your most recent test? Just curious for clarification. Thanks!
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    The average of your most recent 3 or 4 PTs (timed, full length, recent) should be at your target score. That's a fairly reliable indicator.
  • jasonshaffer0359jasonshaffer0359 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Great - thanks! This is good news for me :)