Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing Personal Statement

silcal11silcal11 Member
in General 47 karma
Hi everyone, I just took the June LSAT. Currently, I trying to write my personal statement while waiting for the LSAT results. English is my second language (born in South America), so creating strong sentences to express my thoughts becomes challenging sometimes. I would like to know, what you guys are doing concerning advising and editing (your essays). Do you guys know any services that can assist you in this writing process?

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 1294 karma
    There's a personal statement bundle under the "extensions and add-ons" category. It's really helpful since there's about 16 hrs of tips on how to write PS, and examples of actual personal statement letters to law school by different applicants.

Aside from that, there are professional services out there that help you build up a personal statement from scratch and review it with you, but it's quite expensive.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    While it doesn't offer personalized assistance (which can cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars) the 7Sage program is a steal since it is heavily discounted while they are retooling it. It's so cheap now that I'd grab that and see how much use you can get out of it before considering more expensive alternatives.
  • bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
    269 karma
    I had the PS course to get started and hired David Busis to "bring it home." Both were well worth it.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited June 2015 12637 karma
    @david.busis is currently working on a revised version of our Personal Statement course too! :) I'd suggest picking it up while it's on sale:
    http://7sage.com/addons/
  • JudyyyyyJudyyyyy Alum Member
    136 karma
    @bstew2002 hey how much was it for david busis to review if you don't mind me asking?
  • bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
    269 karma
    @Judyyyyy I don't mind you asking but I would prefer not to answer on a public forum. When I inquired, though, he responded fairly quickly. Not trying to be standoffish or anything. Hope you understand...