Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

October LSAT

ledkarlyledkarly Member
in General 483 karma

Hi!

This will be my first take. Is there a timer? or how do you know how much time you have left? I think there is also 1 minute break between the 1 and 2 section, a 10 minute between 2 and 3 and 1 minute between 3 and 4. is that right?

Am I allowed to drink water during the sections? It really calms my nerves, when Im getting overwhelmed. Am I allowed to chew gum?

Thank you!

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

If you log in to lawhub, the format of those PTs are exactly what you'll see on the test. They even have a tutorial for how to navigate everything.

You can definitely have water. Not 100% sure on gum, but there should be an FAQ on LSAC or an email explaining all that.

• funtobeemilyfuntobeemily Alum Member
    83 karma

I took the LSAT in August. Yes there is timer in the corner of the test and it goes off once you have 5 minutes left. Go on LAWHub on the Lsac website and you can take practice test in the exact format they administer the test. You can have water with you. I had a bottle of water, pens, 5 pieces of scratch paper (you can only have 5), my computer, my charger, and my driver's license in the room with me. I am not sure about gum. You will need to check the LSAC website under test day questions to find out. You can always call LSAC with any questions you have. They are very nice and have been helpful.

• bbhuvosbbhuvos Core Member
    6 karma

are you allowed to talk to yourself??

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

@bbhuvos said:

This may be a specific request that you'd have to get an accommodation for. Email LSAC

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

no I'm 99% sure you are not - but ask!

@bbhuvos said:

483 karma

@tahurrrrr said:
    If you log in to lawhub, the format of those PTs are exactly what you'll see on the test. They even have a tutorial for how to navigate everything.

You can definitely have water. Not 100% sure on gum, but there should be an FAQ on LSAC or an email explaining all that.

Thank you!

483 karma

@funtobeemily said:
    I took the LSAT in August. Yes there is timer in the corner of the test and it goes off once you have 5 minutes left. Go on LAWHub on the Lsac website and you can take practice test in the exact format they administer the test. You can have water with you. I had a bottle of water, pens, 5 pieces of scratch paper (you can only have 5), my computer, my charger, and my driver's license in the room with me. I am not sure about gum. You will need to check the LSAC website under test day questions to find out. You can always call LSAC with any questions you have. They are very nice and have been helpful.

Thank you so much!