Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Timed Prep Tests - 7Sage Forum

Timed Prep Tests

GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
edited June 2015 in General 1644 karma
This question might strike some as odd. If it does, I apologize in advance. I'm having a problem carving a block out of any day for a full length timed test. What are the draw backs, aside from not subjecting myself to the mental anguish of sitting there for 4 hours, of taking the sections individually under the same strict timed conditions? I understand the importance of taking timed tests, but I also have to juggle everything else as well. Is it more important to keep the tests for the days that I can complete it undisturbed or to actually complete timed sections each day and take full length practice tests every now and then? My fear is not doing enough timed sections by limiting myself to only taking full length tests. I'm interested in hearing opinions from others that might be in the same boat and from those that are "LSAT deities." Some teachers, such as Nathan Fox, believe there is nothing wrong with completing PT's in this manner as long as full length PT happen every once in a while for acclimation to the full test. To provide a background on myself, I have been through the curriculum twice, The Trainer once and have completed 8 post PT 36 tests in a mixture of the methods questioned above.
@amanda_kw
@nicole.hopkins
@ddakjiking
@Pacifico
@"Nilesh S"
@emli1000

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    This is actually what I'm doing right now. I'm taking certain sections of older PT's and drilling that section only under timed conditions and then blind reviewing my work. In addition to that, I leave time for myself every week to do at least one PT under strict timed and testing conditions (and trust me when I say this, because the proctors will not be very generous when they call time, and there are also distractions to be dealt with, like someone sitting beside you and going rambo on their paper during a LG section).
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" Pre-emptive TL;DR: I have no bones to pick with your approach.

Timed sections play their own important role. The only caution I would suggest is that you not neglect weekly (hopefully), full, timed PT's—ideally taken at or around the time at which you'll take the real thing (though I have never heard of a testing center that actually had people testing AT 8:30, so perhaps 9am is better?).

BUT ... It sounds like you already get that. SO ... High five.

What would be REALLY dumb is having an all-or-nothing mindset if your real life doesn't allow for that. That is to say ... Not doing timed sections at all because you can't take 4 timed sections in a row. That makes baby kitty VERY sad.