Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Untimed Tests vs. Timed Tests

Lawgic180Lawgic180 Alum Member
in General 12 karma
Should I be practicing with untimed tests first or should I go straight to practicing with timed tests?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You should only ever PT under timed conditions. You'll do your untimed work during your clean test BR. Don't waste PTs by taking them untimed. Train as you fight!
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    I like to think of my timed score as iron and my BR score as a magnet. So if you PT at 150 and BR at 165...your next PT will draw nearer to the magnet and your BR will pull the magnet higher and so on. But untimed thorough BR is the key to understanding. Better understanding leads to increased speed and accuracy.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @nye8870 Savvy, that's all I need to comment. :)
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Lawgic180 said:
    Should I be practicing with untimed tests first or should I go straight to practicing with timed tests?
    No untimed PT's. No untimed sections. Not even once.

• Lawgic180Lawgic180 Alum Member
    12 karma
    Haha thank you! Ive been doing timed PTs but its a struggle to get my score up. Im getting perfect on LG (maybe an odd 1 wrong) but doing brutal with LR! Thats why I thought maybe I should build my score up (and essentially my skills with LR) with untimed PTs before timing myself.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @lawgic180 you need the timed practice to build your skills! The two are inseparable. And in any case, the untimed practice to build up your schools is exactly what BR is! One test, timed then untimed, best of both worlds.