PT.5.S1.Q15 - It is almost impossible to find a person

khandelwal.43khandelwal.43 Core Member
edited March 2022 in Logical Reasoning 11 karma

can someone please explain how to understand the question prompt??

Comments

• hotranchsaucehotranchsauce Member
    288 karma

In my opinion:
    It does not matter, homie. Cut your losses and focus on other problems. I've gone over most published LR questions at least once, and this one is an extreme outlier.

• casablanca-1casablanca-1 Core Member
    86 karma

Ya sorry can't help but I'd love to know the answer to this too

• mahmedanimahmedani Alum Member
    43 karma

Ok, so just move on. I don't think a question stem like this will ever rear its ugly head again. BUT, if we're really interested...

It's trying to get you to weaken an additional hypothetical statement made by M. M already made one statement. That was about how so few people between a given age range use their left hand. Q responded saying yeah, sure, but that's because that generation were punished as children for using their left hands.

Now, the answer choices introduce new statements, that would hypothetically be made by M to weaken. Answer choices B, C, D, and E actually just corroborate what Q said. So, would that counter? Nope! In fact, it'd just be Q agreeing with M, if M said what ACs B,C, D, and E say. You're therefore left with A.

This is just a really wonky question stem that you'll never see again. The rumor is that the LSAC changed out the test writers and strategies somewhere around PT 20. Anything before that, while still exercising that LSAT part of your brain, just isn't nearly as useful as PT 20+. To go back to your original question of classification: how do you classify? You just don't.