Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you 7sage!! I’m finally attending law school!

This is so bitter sweet to post because I had been utilizing 7sage since 2019ish. I saw a lot of these type of discussions and always wondered when it was going to be my turn. This law school journey has not been the easiest and the LSAT makes it even harder. I took the exam 3 times and this was my second time (reapplicant) around applying to law school. From the forum on here to the resources , 7sage has been a tremendous help in my journey. The community here is great especially for someone who’s a first generation law student and really didn’t know how to navigate this type of graduate school. I went from a 135 diagnostic to 157 (I am not a splitter with my GPA) on my last take in 2021. I also took the test in 2018 and 2019 jumping about 8-10 points up each time. I had hopes of going to a T14 law school with a score above 160 lol (it was a priority to me because I am a non-trad and this is my second career-10 years post grad) but I was ok with whatever school said yes at this point because ya girl did not want to see this exam again. I applied to 17 schools ( didn’t pay for any apps, request the fee waiver at the beginning of the cycle) and was accepted to 2 and waitlisted at a bunch more. I’m finally going to law school and will be attending Northwestern Law with a scholarship. With that being said, as many of you might be embarking on your journey, keep pushing ,stay focused and keep your eye on whatever you desire.

Comments

• MissAmbitiousMissAmbitious Member
    22 karma

Congratulation!! Hope your time in law school isn't too torturous lol
    I'm currently on a similar path as you. So happy to see that I am not alone.

• bklynxxxbklynxxx Alum Member
    36 karma

Congrats!!

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

I love seeing posts like these. Congratulations!

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    220 karma

Congratulations!! I always see posts like this and like you, wonder when it will be my turn. I've recently gotten denials letters and it's been devastating. I'm realizing I need my score to improve so I can apply next cycle. Thank you for sharing your story! There is hope!!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Hey, congrats and welcome! I’ll be graduating Northwestern this year! If you’re in Chicago in the next few weeks and would like a tour, let me know!

• Maureen --Student Service--Maureen --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    404 karma

Congratulations! We are so happy to be a part of your journey! :smile:

• fitzmau5fitzmau5 Core Member
    14 karma

Ahhh congratulations! Best of luck at Northwestern!

• LawyerBarbieLawyerBarbie Member
    164 karma

@MissAmbitious you are def. Not!!!

164 karma

@whatlikeitshard there is very much light at the end of the tunnel keep pushing!

• yascha04yascha04 Member
    73 karma

Congratulations!!! be very proud of yourself!

I am doubting and close to giving up on this process. Can you give a little breakdown of what you did and what made you advance your score? Would be very grateful!

164 karma

@yascha04 well it took some time to even make it to the upper 150s . Tons of drilling and consistency and breaks! I had to keep reminding myself my brain is a muscle and it will get “sore” if I don’t break . I did get a tutor from 7sage and utilized 7sage and the LSAT demon as they both have different strengthens when it comes their programs. Also try considering getting accommodations if you can. PM me if you need any additional information.