Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem Sets in Core Curriculum

johnson007johnson007 Member
in General 19 karma

Should all of the problem sets within a module of the CC be completed before moving on? Or should I work through them until I'm comfortable and save the rest for drilling later?

Problem Sets in Core Curriculum
  1. Complete problem sets in their entirety as they come or save some for drilling?24 votes
    1. Complete all as they come
      37.50%
    2. Save some for drilling
      62.50%

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2022 4588 karma

Great timing on this question! I'll be posting on our newsletter this week about how to best utilize the core curriculum.

Within a module of the CC, sometimes there can be over 20 problem sets. They go from easy to hard difficulty.

I'd do as many problem sets as you need to get comfortable with it. After you think you have a good grasp of the concept, move on and do the next few lessons. Then, go back and do some of the problem sets you haven't touched and review the problem sets you found really hard. This employs spaced repetition learning, which has been found to be extremely helpful when learning new concepts. Regularly coming back to information you've learned will help solidify the concepts in your head.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced_repetition