Sadness-need help, looking for tutoring to get to 155 consistently

shannon_beaman1shannon_beaman1 Alum Member
in General 157 karma

Title pretty much says it all, I have gotten to a point in my studies where I feel like I know the content well enough to consistently score in the mid 150s, yet when it comes time to take a PT I just panic and don’t perform to the best of my abilities. The reason it’s so frustrating is just because I know I am smart enough, something just happens in my head whenever it comes to taking a PT that makes me panic and not think clearly, and I’m scared it’ll happen on test day. Should I give up? Is the test just not for me? These are questions that I have been asking myself lately, and it’s a tough pill to swallow considering the years I’ve put into this test, and how I have planned my entire education around going to law school. I’m not sure what to do anymore with really no improvement on RC and LR, just consistently getting around -11 on LR and even after blind reviewing I just feel as if I don’t internalize the information. For RC, there just seems to be absolutely no hope and I think that is where my score will be impacted the most, I usually miss around 14 and don’t even get to the last passage just because I am trying to be accurate with only 3 passages. However, I can’t even do that it seems, just constantly missing questions and not internalizing anything I read regardless of how much I take my time. If I could just find a way to score a 155 consistently, which doesn’t seem like a crazy stretch of the imagination, then my life would be made. Any tutor recommendations would be super appreciated and I really apologize for this mess of a post, I just felt the need to express my struggles and ask the 7sage community for help when I feel I need it most.

Comments

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1336 karma

Hey @shannon_beaman1 !

I am one of the managers of the 7Sage tutoring program. We have a crew of high-scoring, thoroughly trained tutors who would love to work with you. You can see our rates here:

https://7sage.com/lsat-tutoring

Let me know if you’d like to meet for a free consult. We’d be happy to tell you more about our program and how we can help you maximize your score! You can book a consult with one of our tutors and learn more here:

https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult

• 19 karma

You can do it!!!!! I believe in you– you're so smart!

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    319 karma

@shannon_beaman1 Don't give up. Don't let the LSAT win. Be patient. It might look daunting now, but if you stick with it, it will happen for you. You are not alone. Just find a study buddy to help you get through this journey.

• a_bond_94a_bond_94 Core Member
    8 karma

The feeling of despair and 'maybe this isn't for me' totally resonates, I hear you and I feel for you and I'm sending you lots of uplifting positivity. I was similarly stuck, after months of practice, getting literally the exact same score or lower than my very first diagnostic score, and it was truly demoralizing. I walked away from LSAT studying for a few months (which I understand might not be possible, but really do think about how long you can take to legitimately let your brain have a break), and then when I went back to it, I tried using a book and not worrying about time. Taking that pressure off myself, I got back to basics and tried to approach practice tests with an attitude of 'let's just see how this goes, this score doesn't define me or my effort' and it got me out of my rut. I'm still not quite where I want to be score-wise, but it showed me that so much of this is mental and that the best way for me personally to get better is to mostly ignore chat boards with people competing about how much or how hard they're working, and to allow myself to go at my own pace. Your hard work is going to pay off, give yourself a break :)

• shannon_beaman1shannon_beaman1 Alum Member
    157 karma

I just want to say thank you to all of the people replying, it really means the most in times like these!

• lawyer2021lawyer2021 Member
    536 karma

You Should also go back to the Core Curriculum and review it.