Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Words of Advice for a Single Mom

Sofy09876Sofy09876 Core Member
in General 14 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

A new single mother here of a 6-month old baby girl in my early 30s. I've been working in the legal field as long as I've been avoiding this test lol! So, after putting off the LSAT for a decade for grad school, work, and marriage, I'm finally back into the LSAT game and really want to complete my journey with the LSAT. My LORs, transcripts, and everything is in but the LSAT! I really want to get into law school and want to inspire my little girl. Any words of advice for motivation would be greatly appreciated! Any other mommas out there who kept continuing their journey? It's really hard to study with a little one, but she gives me so much strength to finally face this exam again. My strongest section is LG, just got The Loophole to read for LR, and just a confession--I get discouraged by the RC section because although I have a MA in English, I hate the RC passages on another level lol! It's been really hard to improve in this section the most. But nonetheless, I'm ready to finally get this test out of the way to start my law school journey and am looking forward to reading your tips! My target is 165+ and wish to take the Oct 2022 exam. Thanks! :)

Comments

• LawMommaLawMomma Yearly Member
    edited April 2022 27 karma

Hey momma! I'm a mom to 4 under 8, in my upper 30s and I'm studying for the LSAT now. I'm just starting my journey, too, but I have to say so far what has strengthened me the most is gathering my "tribe"of supporters. I know I'm going to need support to find equilibrium in my mom and student role but it has also really helped me to get that reinforcement of people who support me/believe in me. I've also found a local handful of moms also heading into law as their second career (and we're all aiming for the same law school, which has a decent non-traditional student population and support groups) and it has been wonderful to connect with people who just get it.
    I don't have practical advice for boosting your score (that's why I'm here on 7sage!) but I'm always happy to connect with another mom heading on her law journey! feel free to drop me a DM :)

• Yan WangYan Wang Member
    285 karma

I am a mother of a two-year-old daughter. I finished the LSAT game with a 169 and will be in law school this fall on a full-ride. I took the LSAT while my daughter was the same age. What helped me the most was finding help with the kid and using that time to study routinely. If you have more questions about the LSAT, please feel free to DM me. Good luck with the LSAT and the law school applications!