Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What did your study journey look like?

silobot1123silobot1123 Member
in General 35 karma

Hello all!

Just curious about everyones experience with diagnostic, studying timeline, practice test average, and LSAT score. Also curious what it took you to get to that final score (or to where you are ready to take LSAT and have had consistent average).

Background: I am 32, a stay at home mom to a 1 year old and have just started my LSAT journey after postponing for so long. My study schedule is 5 am wakings to get in 1-2 hours before baby is up and I usually study during his naps, so I average around 2-4 hours per day (if I am lucky!). Weekends are all over, with mostly taking one day off to do everything else I need to do. I started 7sage in September of 2021, but only realistically started in February (life kept getting in the way). I am still working through the course, which is obviously not going as fast as I would like and was hoping I would be done for now.

How long, how often did you study before you took the leap and took the test? Where/when did you see the biggest improvement?

Comments

• Lucky4YouLucky4You Core Member
    38 karma

Hello!
    My journey started after an injury at work, Im 27 and work for the Canadian Coast Guard.

I had an injury while working in the arctic.

I had 3 months off and finally made the decisions to chase a dream I’ve had for years.

I started studying in late October, got my application together and took the LSAT in January. I scored a 158, my highest PT was 167.

My goal was 165, I will be trying again.

Those few months I studied probably 5 hours a day on average. Using free online resources and a popular workbook. It worked well, but I’m really wanting to hit my goal this time and I’m not screwing around so I’m here.

I didn’t get into the one school I applied to last cycle, but I did almost everything wrong, applied late, with an LSAT I only studied for a few months.

It’ll be different next time.

Good luck!

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1336 karma

You can hear my story at length on 7Sage podcast #62 (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/31292/7sage-podcast-episode-62-7sage-tutor-scott-168-to-180-lsat)

Like you, I was a full-time worker in their 30s with a family. Message if you have questions or would like to talk! I fully appreciate how important it is to have others who can relate to your journey as you study for the LSAT.