Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diagnostic

fuzzy228fuzzy228 Alum Member
in General 107 karma
Is the diagnostic an accurate predictor of your true potential, with a score increase of 8-10 points given some hard work?

Comments

• NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited July 2015 1654 karma
    @fuzzy228
    Well, I can tell you from my own experience that I have improved tremendously. I scored a 147 on my diagnostic and i just got a 171 on a PT yesterday. It also depends on what your diagnostic is. The higher your score, the more difficult it becomes to improve. Someone with a diagnostic in the 130s or 140s can improve over 24-30 points, while those who score in the high 160s on their diagnostic usually only see an improvement of few points. Study hard and learn the fundamentals.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Depending on where you're beginning, you may be able to improve 8-10 points just by mastering games! For most people, logic games are quite unlike anything you've seen before and is reflected as much in your diag, but study hard and you'll see your improvement! Sounds like you're just starting out, so enjoy the journey!
  • fuzzy228fuzzy228 Alum Member
    107 karma
    Thanks everyone for your guidance. I am not new to the LSAT per se, but I have not really been taking practice tests. I have just been studying the material.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Your diagnostic before any studying is nothing more than a benchmark to be forgotten other than as a starting point and a motivator. People have gone from the 140s to the 170s and others have gone from the 150s to the 160s. Diagnostics have nothing to do with your potential. The only place you can learn about your true potential is during blind review of timed PTs. But even then, it is still just a measure of your potential at that moment and not your future ceiling.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Yes! You can do it! I don't really know what my "official" diagnostic is, but I was scoring in the 150s before the December LSAT and now I'm in the 160s :) it's possible!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @fuzzy228 said:
    Is the diagnostic an accurate predictor of your true potential, with a score increase of 8-10 points given some hard work?
    My average is over 17 points higher than my diagnostic, and I've done 20+ points higher on numerous occasions.
    @Pacifico said:
    Diagnostics have nothing to do with your potential.
    BR scores are a much better gauge of potential.