PT6.S2.Q20 - Freedom of speech is not only a basic human right

lucy00318lucy00318 Member
edited May 2022 in Logical Reasoning 12 karma

I wasn't sure which phrase would indicate the self-interest

Admin Note: Edited title. Please use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of the question"

Comments

• J ComfortJ Comfort Member
    16 karma

Hi!

Why C is right
    C. This has nothing wrong with it, so keep.

Moral Ideals - mentions that it is a "human right"

Self Interest - The idea of self interest is murky but not outright wrong. They mention "nothing is gained by forcing citizens to disseminate...". It's arguing that when you adopt these principles there are advantages. When you don't adopt the principles you don't get these wonderful advantages ("nothing is ever gained by...")

Wrong Answers
    A. Free speech doesn't flourish - good ideas flourish because of free speech. Wrong.
    B. There are two reasons why this is wrong. They aren't arguing for basic rights of citizens rather they are arguing Freedom of speech is A basic right and should be adopted. Also this is the opposite of what they are arguing. Freedom of speech is a basic right (and should be adopted) AND it is the only "rational policy" (and should be adopted)... so its not for it's own sake
    D. This is out of score there is no discussion about the "difficulty of suppressing the truth" and there is no warning. They argue that there is nothing to lose but everything to gain.
    E. This is a reversal answer - they are describing an ideal answer that CAN be achieved and should be achieved.

I didn't see anything immediately wrong with C. But there were glaring problems with the other four answers. So I went with C.

I hope this helps!