PT7.S4.Q19 it takes 365.25 days to

ScottsTotts-1-1-1ScottsTotts-1-1-1 Core Member
edited August 2022 in Logical Reasoning 20 karma

Okay, can somebody please explain how B is correct. I understand why it is on some level, and why the others are wrong, partially because what all of the wrong answers have in common is basically that the new calendar doesn’t mess with their schedule, but it still isn’t fully clicking to me why B is 100% objectively correct. After reading through the stimulus many times, I still don’t understand the implications of the days before January 1st mixing up so that the group in AC B will eventually run into problems. I’m just really confused. Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• ryan.lattavoryan.lattavo Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    109 karma

ScottsTotts,

First, I just want to note that this is a really unusual miscellaneous problem. Do it for the practice of generalized logical thinking, and don't worry about it in the long-run--modern LSATs don't use such unusual question stems anymore.

This messes with employed people who work when we run into a 'weekless' day. If the last day of this year, under the author's proposal, is December 31st, consider the following:

Since January 1st is always a Sunday, then the last 'calendar' day is a Saturday (December 31st). For religious people who work, this is okay--for the first year. However, the one-to-two 'weekless' days are real, actual days--thus, the religious person now will take their 7th day off on a Friday. And next year, they'll take it off on a Thursday. And since they are employed, the stimulus assumes they will have work on these days, which creates a conflict--they are supposed to take it off for religious purposes, but are scheduled.

Hope this helped,

Ryan