Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which section on Preptest 40 was experimental?

LSATDemon-1LSATDemon-1 Member
in General 8 karma

Which section on Preptest 40 was experimental? And in general, for past Preptests, how can we find out which section was experimental and which one wasn't?

Comments

• Jovil --Student Service--Jovil --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    163 karma

Hi there,

PrepTests 1 to 89 have a total of 5 sections when they were administered, 2 LR, 1 LG, 1 RC, and 1 experimental section. The experimental section is not included in the PrepTests released by LSAT. To clarify, when you take PrepTests 1 to 89, all sections will be scored, and none of the 4 sections is the experimental section.

However, PrepTests 90, 91, and 92 are in the format of the new PrepTest. They have 3 scored sections and 1 variable experimental section (LR, RC, or LG). The variable experimental section is automatically excluded from your score.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

• LSATDemon-1LSATDemon-1 Member
    8 karma

So if I am writing the LSAT right now (September 2022, October 2022, November 2022), how many sections will I be writing and how many of such sections will be experimental?

• 26 karma

You currently have four total sections on the real test, with one being experimental.