Schulich School of Law - Personal Statement Length

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows what the word limit is for Dal's personal statement. I looked all over their site, and I haven't found it!

Comments

• B_MaximumB_Maximum Core Member
    192 karma

Hi, Caffeinated.

By Dal, are you referring to Dalhousie? If yes, then there is no word limit, according to an email response sent to me by Dalhousie couple months ago.

• LSATstudier22LSATstudier22 Member
    91 karma

@B_Maximum Do you happen to know what the average LSAT for admission was last year? I believe the information on the website is from the year prior to that and I was wondering if it changed. Thanks!

• mayyyyyouluckmayyyyyouluck Core Member
    27 karma

Oh, I'm interested in this law school too! I wonder if anyone knows the admission criteria for international students?

• Caffeinated99Caffeinated99 Core Member
    62 karma

Thanks, @B_Maximum :) that's what I saw on Reddit but I wanted to double check :)

• B_MaximumB_Maximum Core Member
    192 karma

Not to worry. The median is 161-164 as of right now. I think that, if you score even a 160, then you are highly likely to get an offer from Dalhousie, especially if your GPA is, for example, around 3.7-3.9. Also, for your information, and according to an email response sent to me about a week ago, should one wish to sit the LSAT again for a second attempt, Dalhousie will assess the application again with the new score.

91 karma

Since Canadian 7Sagers seem relatively rare here, I was curious where else you guys are applying, what your first choice is, and why that's your first choice.

Hope your studies are going well!

@B_Maximum @Caffeinated99 @wuxinmei1016

• Caffeinated99Caffeinated99 Core Member
    62 karma

@LSATstudier22
    I'm applying to UofA, UVic, Dal, UOttawa, York and USask! I would be happy to get in anywhere, but York and UVic are my top choices :)

I write on the 15th, so I'm very nervous but excited to be done studying (unless I need to re-write in November).

Where are you applying?

(@B_Maximum and @wuxinmei1016 if you are interested)

91 karma

@Caffeinated99 I'm applying to UBC, UVic, UofA, UofC, and Dal. Similar to you, I would be very happy to get in anywhere, but my top choices are between UBC and UVic. They have the highest average LSAT scores though so we will see what happens when I re-write in November.

As well, GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you'll do great and then you'll be done studying for this exam! I'm excited about that too.

Maybe if we end up at UVic together we could meet up:)