Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What's up with the specially numbered PTs? - 7Sage Forum

What's up with the specially numbered PTs?

xuzuqiaoxuzuqiao Core Member
in General 94 karma

Hi all, so I noticed that some PTs are labeled with letters (PTB, PTC, PTC2). Is there anything special about these practice tests, such as experimental sections, or questions that were tossed out on them? Just curious why these PTs were labeled with letters instead of being regularly numbered like the other PTs. Are they good tests to use to gauge my scores?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27884 karma

Before the pandemic, the LSAT was always administered exactly four times a year: Feb, June, Sept/Oct, and Dec. The tests from certain test dates were disclosed. Which was great. When you got your score, you also got a copy of the test, a copy of your scantron, and an answer key. The disclosed tests were then published as PT’s and are the regularly numbered tests. The off-numbered tests were non-disclosed tests which were, for various reasons, published. So nothing special about them except they may have been administered in February or something.

• xuzuqiaoxuzuqiao Core Member
    94 karma

Thank you for clarifying! And wow, I didn't know the LSAT was only administered four times a year prior to Covid, interesting info!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27884 karma

Yeah, it was a different era for sure! For a while there, LSAC actually banned digital PT’s! You could only access by buying hard copies of the test. 7Sage couldn’t make tests available or anything. It sucked. Some of them were out of print, and I remember seeing clean hard copies of PT’s in the 40’s selling for $50-$100 each on eBay. Y’all are in a golden era, so appreciate it before LSAC goes and does something crazy again!