Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). October LSAT Test Takers? - 7Sage Forum

October LSAT Test Takers?

ericawelty1-1ericawelty1-1 Core Member
in General 11 karma

How is everyone feeling a few days out from this weekend? Personally, I'm highly freaking out and trying to tie up last minute loose ends, but also just accepting that I may need to retake in a couple months. Mostly, I'm just worried about the proctor being difficult or something going wrong during my exam. I heard a lot of issues occurred for the Sept test takers.

Any last minute tips/tricks?

Comments

• maggieighmy-1maggieighmy-1 Member
    14 karma

Hi, I took the LSAT in April and September. The April LSAT for me went reatively smoothly aside from the system crashing for an hour. My September LSAT was hard mentally. My Proctor during the September LSAT also kept telling me to sit back in my chair and this made my anxiety go up and I lost focus. I have vision issues so I have to be closer to the screen. I would just make sure you are in a quiet room and always sit in the view of your camera so that they don't check in on you during your test. When they checked in on me, they blanked out my screen and told me to sit back without pausing my time. I ended up losing about two minutes of time on my logical reasoning section because of this. Best wishes on the October test!
    Good luck,
    Maggi :)

• editor.tahaheditor.tahah Core Member
    edited October 2022 18 karma

October LSAT taker here! Definitely feeling the burn out now :smiley: :neutral:

• 22 karma

I take my test this weekend as well. Definitely exhausted right now. I took a practice test today. I will probably take another on Thursday, and then rest Friday until my test on Saturday. We got this. Wishing everyone the best of luck! :)

• gsfa3256gsfa3256 Core Member
    8 karma

im with you, trying to cram in the next couple days but already preparing to retake in january. i've been trying to view it as a win win--either i score high enough where i dont retake or i gain experience and do better in the future. best of luck to you!!

• sylviarlabbesylviarlabbe Free Trial Member
    14 karma

Also taking it this weekend and i'm curious, for those of you planning on taking it again after this, are you still applying this cycle? I took September and it went horribly (proctor interruptions, overall nerves, and I scored almost diagnostic level bad). I am nervous that I did not improve enough in this past month as I am still nowhere near my goal score, however I don't know if It is better at this point to study the rest of the year and take it next summerish or apply now and cross my fingers. Overall burnt out and nervous. Let me know what you are all thinking and good luck to everyone!

• saranontradishhhsaranontradishhh Core Member
    edited October 2022 19 karma

I’m taking it this weekend as well. I’m nervous, but I know that at this point I can only do as well as I can do with what I’ve learned and retained up to this point. Depending on my score, I will see if I need to retake in January.
    Has anyone taken the test with a camera that is attached to their monitor? Mine is attached to the top of my large desktop monitor and I’m thinking it’s going to be difficult to show around my room, etc…should I go and get a separate camera?
    Best of luck to everyone, and don’t forget to breathe!!

• ProfLaytonProfLayton Member
    110 karma

Taking it Saturday; I took a practice test yesterday and have stepped off the gas. Sure, I’m taking a look at old LR and RC questions/passages I bombed, but I realize that the lsat isn’t a test you just cram info in. Having these next few days to relax, take a breather, and make sure you sleep enough for the next few days will help you way more than anything else

• moonstars5678moonstars5678 Member
    166 karma

I took the March LSAT and the proctor situation actually preemptively stressed me out so I made sure to be very explicit with my proctor that if he needed to interrupt me at any point, that he would first have to pause my time before we talked about anything. Thankfully, my proctor was a rockstar and left me completely alone, but you're definitely allowed to state what you need, especially because any interruptions could disrupt your focus and mess up your timing.