Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice Test Mechanics

Negative 1LNegative 1L Core Member
in General 6 karma

I'm about to take my first diagnostic PT. Is there a primer on the test mechanics? For example, should I have a pencil and paper? In the 7Sage testing environment, will it be obvious how to circle question numbers or strike through wrong answers?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited October 2022 2245 karma

You may, and should, have five sheets of paper and a pencil. Though people use paper in varying amounts, almost everyone uses it for at least one or two of the sections. And yes, the 7Sage interface is simple. Flagging questions, striking through wrong answers, highlighting, and all the other little things you can do are straightforward. Still, I think it would be wise for you to at least open up a practice set (even if you don't do any of the questions) just to tinker with the tools for at least a minute or two. That's really all it'll take for you to familiarize yourself with the tools, and there's no need for you to score lower on your diagnostic just because you didn't know how to use a simple feature.

• Negative 1LNegative 1L Core Member
    6 karma

Thank you; that makes a lot of sense and I really appreciate you taking the time to write everything out. I do want to avoid scoring even a few points lower on my 1st diagnostic just because I wasn't familiar with the interface. Thanks again and happy LSAT training!