Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warm ups

ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member
in General 285 karma

Out of curiosity, do you guys warm up before a PT?

If so, what do you guys do for each section and how do you make your selection of questions?
For example, for LR do you choose random easy questions or are the questions selected for personal reasons (like the question reminds you of certain fundamentals or concepts)

Comments

• jimmiegilbert95jimmiegilbert95 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

@ELPISTOLERO9 bubble shooter said:
    Out of curiosity, do you guys warm up before a PT?

If so, what do you guys do for each section and how do you make your selection of questions?
    For example, for LR do you choose random easy questions or are the questions selected for personal reasons (like the question reminds you of certain fundamentals or concepts)

I have

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2245 karma

Yes, I do a warm up before PTing. Typically, I'll do one of the easier games from a recent PT I've completed (that was at least a week or two before; I don't want to redo a game I did two hours before), one of the more difficult games from a recent PT, a few easy LR questions, a quick look over one or two LR questions I missed recently, and I read a passage from RC that I've completed without doing any questions. This all typically takes me around half an hour (give or take depending on the day).

My reasoning for each choice is this: With LG, I'm more concerned about making careless mistakes on the first game or two if I go in cold. So in my warm up, I don't push myself hard or anything, I just get myself the mindset of writing down rules, game pieces, splitting boards, making inferences, etc. As long as I've got a bit of a "groove," so to speak, I know I'll be fully warmed up by the time I reach any game that requires a lot of thought. For LR, I typically aim to complete the first 10 to 15 questions quickly, so, like LG, I just don't want to go in cold and burn unnecessary time on questions up front. For RC, I just like to get in the mindset of retaining a fair amount of information and reading the dense LSAT writing. Usually a quick read over an old passage gets me there.

I hope this helps!

• ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member
    285 karma

@"Matt Sorr"
    Thank you for the detailed answer, I will definitely implement some of these strategies with the next PT.

• ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member
    285 karma

@jimmiegilbert95
    best believe the bubbles are always poppin (on the low the website is fire lol).