Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre Test warm up

joseigsaldanajoseigsaldana Free Trial Member
edited September 2014 in General 28 karma
Hey guys! I know not everything works the same way for everybody (don't worry this is not going to be a LR question) but what has worked best for you in terms of brain warm up before taking a practice test?

Comments

• des00004des00004 Alum Member
    15 karma
    To start, I like to do a fairly easy to medium level game to get my brain going
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    edited September 2014 770 karma
    before the actual LSAT i do a logic game that i've done a million times and could do in my sleep. it helps build confidence before the test
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    edited September 2014 827 karma
    I usually do a logic game, maybe 2. I also do the first 6-10 questions of an LR section. Since they tend to be easier with the possibility of a med.-diff. question mixed in. I do all this untimed but try to move as fast as I can. The lg gets me to wake up and the LR q's get the habits going and the focus necessary for reading.

I hope this turns out to be an active thread. I am interested in seeing what everyone else does.
  • jarujarujarujaru Alum Member
    7 karma
    For me, I physically warm-up (i.e., 30 minutes of cardio). Additionally, an LG game and some LR drilling.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2014 3438 karma
    Get up 6:00 in the morning... go for a 20 min jog.. small cup coffee (black) - a cup of oats and a banana (things that will keep me full but not stuffed and not give an immediate high but release steady energy over a longer period) 2 easy games - one sequencing and one grouping, 4 -5 LR questions - 5 question reading passage ( have already set one out from the earlier tests - not looked at the passage but set it out by number of questions). The breakfast to be had about an hour and a half before tests so that I'm not feeling drowsy around test time... (my center is 5 minutes walking distance from my dorm.)
  • cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    Nilesh, we have almost an identical plan. Glad to see it's working for someone else too.
  • carreno.katecarreno.kate Alum Member
    135 karma
    I've seen a steady trend across all my PTs of a low score on my first section. Reading Comp is my best section, and on my last PT, it was the first section of the exam. I dropped to a +18 from an average of +25. I added a fifth section that day, it was Reading Comp, I scored a +26. The sections were equally difficult, but I just wasn't focused enough during the first section. After reading through this thread, I'm definitely going to do a light warm-up before beginning my last PTs before the September exam. Something I have done that helps to ease my mind is to write out notes to myself on the cover sheet of every PT. When I find myself panicking on a tough question, I repeat the notes to myself quickly..."relax, focus, confident, efficient" etc. It's weird, but it calms me down! Thanks for all the suggestions! (:
  • elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
    97 karma
    I do a game and a couple LR questions as well. I don't grade anything. I also made cue cards with a few reminders on them to help me get my head straight.