Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to LSAT and need advice on study materials

valentinev29valentinev29 Member
edited December 2022 in General 7 karma

So I got all the books from powerscore and the practice exams and Mike Kim’s book. But I am not sure if I need to get 7sage monthly or the unlimited versions with the live videos since my brain is BLANK. Literally… also it is good to also use khan academy? Some people teach differently and I wonder if it will affect anything? Should I bite the bullet and get the unlimited version from 7sage… they have a special right now you get it for 200$ a month

Comments

• Crystal00Crystal00 Alum Member
    123 karma

I think it really depends on your learning style! I have all the power score books but I didn’t end up even using them! I mainly used 7Sage and I also read the Loophole by Ellen Cassidy multiple times! I started off with a 155 and just ended my LSAT journey with 7Sage on the November test because I scored 169! If you’re interested in chatting, feel free to reach out!

• valentinev29valentinev29 Member
    7 karma

@the Crystal00 said: I like videos and explanations of the questions via video. I would read the book first then go to the video, Then read the book again

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2244 karma

Maybe try out basic 7Sage monthly then if you feel you need more upgrade to unlimited. If you've got a good amount of time to study, you could probably try to self-study with the basic 7Sage package, become as proficient as possible in each area while self-studying, figure out which areas you need particular help in, then try out unlimited. That way you save money and have a better idea of where you need to spend extra time.

• sh.francissh.francis Core Member
    246 karma

I went through powerscore, master the lsat and loophole books before finding 7sage 2 months into my studies. Would have saved so much time just starting with 7sage core curriculum.

Also, the quality of explanations for PTs varies highly. Having access to the highest quality explanations + analytics is invaluable.

• valentinev29valentinev29 Member
    7 karma

Thanks for that