Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law schools reaching out

Hey everyone,

Do you guys read anything into law schools reaching out and saying you have exceptional stats? That they think you'll be perfect for their community? How about when they waive application fees or CAS report fees? I've been getting a few of this since I took the June test. I am currently working on my applications, so I just wanted to run this by the community.

Thanks

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

I'm no admissions expert, but here are my thoughts on this:

If it's a school where your LSAT score is higher than their 75th percentile, then they want you to apply because if you matriculate to that school, you'll boost their LSAT stats which could help boost that school's ranking.

If it's a school where your LSAT score is at median or lower, then you have some other factor that they believe will contribute to the greater community at their school OR they're looking boost the perception of their selectivity by having more applicants that they don't take.

Either way, you're not guaranteed admissions just because you receive one of these messages. So don't use recruitment emails as the basis for where you apply.

• kanel1995kanel1995 Member
    226 karma

@tahurrrrr said:
    I'm no admissions expert, but here are my thoughts on this:

If it's a school where your LSAT score is higher than their 75th percentile, then they want you to apply because if you matriculate to that school, you'll boost their LSAT stats which could help boost that school's ranking.

If it's a school where your LSAT score is at median or lower, then you have some other factor that they believe will contribute to the greater community at their school OR they're looking boost the perception of their selectivity by having more applicants that they don't take.

Either way, you're not guaranteed admissions just because you receive one of these messages. So don't use recruitment emails as the basis for where you apply.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

• C_S_D 01C_S_D 01 Member
    252 karma

It's just an algorithm.

One weird thing I've noticed is that I got a bunch after my June LSAT and then it petered out...and in the last month or so it picked up again.
    I heard it may be a slow cycle this year? Maybe that's the reason?

• kanel1995kanel1995 Member
    226 karma

@"C_S_D 01" said:
    It's just an algorithm.

One weird thing I've noticed is that I got a bunch after my June LSAT and then it petered out...and in the last month or so it picked up again.
    I heard it may be a slow cycle this year? Maybe that's the reason?

Oh word? Hadn't heard anything about a slow cycle. Interesting, thanks.