Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why on earth does the nightmode force you to invert colors?!

GalateaGalatea Core Member
edited January 2023 in General 92 karma

This is a huge pet peeve of mine and is constantly getting on my nerves. You cannot enable night mode (dark color scheme) without enabling inverted colors. This means when JY references a color by name it's the wrong color. Or that when he displays an image the colors are... inverted... making it look like a paranormal horror film. Same goes for peoples' profiles pictures.

This makes no sense to me and the only reason I see for this is that it might help some individuals with a specific type of color blindness.

The standard white I find to be taxing on my eyes with all the added blue light, etc. It also doesn't help you get to sleep late at night either if you have been staring at an all-white, super-bright screen for hours (studies confirm).

Just give the option to enable night mode WITHOUT enabling inverted colors....

Comments

• Jovil --Student Service--Jovil --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited January 2023 163 karma

Hi @"Jacob Blumberg" I am so sorry about that! I really appreciate you sharing your feedback and suggestions on how we can improve.

I will look into the possibility of incorporating your suggestion to enable night mode without enabling inverted colors into the next iteration of 7Sage.

In the meantime, please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.