Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some advice

darykcayun98darykcayun98 Alum Member
in General 42 karma

Hi everyone,

I’m planning on taking the Feb LSAT and my score goal is 160-165. I have been feeling so down after finding out my score in October which was 140. I‘ve been studying on and off for the last few months and hasn’t been doing so well in PT. This has been making me feel even more bad about myself. Any advice about what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• kanel1995kanel1995 Member
    226 karma

You should start by pushing the February test. Then maybe reevaluate how you study. I can't advise you on this, since I don't know how you've been studying. But at the very least try really getting into it, not "on and off"

• darykcayun98darykcayun98 Alum Member
    42 karma

Thank you. The October test was my second lsat test after March 2022 which I was not in the right headspace for at that time due to my uncle passing away a few days before the test. So since then, I’ve been studying but not as consistently as I want to be due to life. After the result of the October test, I’ve been studying everyday but my pt result isn’t improving how I want it to be. So that’s disappointing…

• micaelabmicaelab Alum Member
    21 karma

I agree with kanel1995, and would postpone taking the test again until you feel ready. I too struggle with consistency, and have found it helpful to make a weekly schedule that I must stick to, and having a designated space to study (whether a home office or going to the library) is important as well. Maybe ask a friend or family member to help you, either by checking in to see if you have been studying or by helping you study. Some of the lessons here recommend explaining the questions/answers to another person to see how much you really know, and I have found that process beneficial. And there is always the option to hire a private tutor. Can be expensive, but it sounds like it might be worth the investment.

• darykcayun98darykcayun98 Alum Member
    42 karma

Yes i agreed with the both of you... I'm just afraid that the seats will be full by the time I apply in April.. but I am considering it. I have been improving but just slowly...

• cat_personcat_person Member
    70 karma

I’ve been taking the 7sage live classes and they are well worth the money and WAY cheaper than 1-1 tutoring. Are you blind reviewing? That has been helpful for me along with the other suggestions above. I would also explore 7sage analytics and the core curriculum.

• aiman.shahabaiman.shahab Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited January 2023 72 karma

Hey @darykcayun98 ! First, I want to validate what you're feeling. As someone who studied for two years (starting with a 138), it's rough to see a score you were hoping to do much better on. The good news is that the LSAT is learnable. It's about consistency and time.

I'd like to echo what other folks have already said in this thread. If you're flexible in applying the next cycle, opening up your options to taking a later test is a smart idea. You'll have plenty more time to study consistently and strategically as well as take a load of pressure off to raise your score significantly in one month. If you're still scoring in the 140s on your Practice Tests, I certainly think you should give yourself more than a month to improve the 15-20 points you're looking for.

Second, take a look at your analytics. What's your strongest section? What's your weakest section? If you're scoring anything under -3 on Logic Games, my biggest recommendation would be to get "low hanging fruit" points by foolproofing Logic Games every day. Take a look at which questions you're missing the most in LR and drill those question types. If you're struggling with understanding content, go back to the core curriculum and review lessons as you drill.

Lastly, high quality drilling and review is significantly more important than taking a whole bunch of practice tests. I would limit practice tests to maximum once a week while you get back down to the basics.

If you'd like more specific insight like suggestions for when to schedule your exam or improving your score by February, feel free to schedule a consult with one of our tutors here: https://calendly.com/7sage-tutoring/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation?utm_source=FCA_A