Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Usual Wrong Answer Is Often A Trap?

econ.tylerecon.tyler Core Member
edited May 2023 in Logical Reasoning 7 karma

I think I've started to notice a pattern in my wrong answer choices. The answer that I get wrong on LR is often the one most people choose when they get that answer wrong. So am I just falling for the top trap answer, or something more deeply concerning? Often the correct answer choice is a better articulation of the wrong answer that I find myself thinking "that's what I thought WrongAnswerChoice was saying," it just turns out that I fall into the trap.

How can I overcome this?

Comments

• offy0c-1-1offy0c-1-1 Live Member
    245 karma

One strategy that has worked for me is that (depending on the difficulty of the question or question stem) is I quickly eliminate all those that I know for certain that conflict with the information given in the stimulus. I leave my contender to the side and the right ac and then I contrast that information with the stimulus given. You will be able to tell which one is right over the trap by a word or phrase that helps the right answer choice stand out from the trap. So I would highly suggest that you narrow your ac selection and then try to find out what makes the right ac stand out for the trap.