Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Question Difficulty Variety

zbt2001zbt2001 Core Member
in General 15 karma

When doing the drills and problem sets I find myself obviously doing worse with the tougher questions (4/5 degree difficulty). Since I have no prior attempts on the LSAT and have only taken one PT, I am unsure how common these very difficult questions are on the real test. Can someone with prior test experience explain the difficulty variation on the exam? Is it a lot of 4/5 difficulty questions or usually 1/2/3 difficulty with some tougher (4/5) questions mixed in?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

1/2/3 difficulty questions are more common, but each test has some 4/5 difficulty questions. It varies pretty greatly by test, but a general distribution may be something like 4 level 4 questions and 3 level 5 questions per LR section, one level 4 passage and one level 5 passage per RC section, and one level 5 game with one level 3 or 4 game per LG section. Again, though, I must emphasize how rough these estimates are. Some tests may have one unusually easy section, with an unusually low amount of high-difficulty questions, and they may compensate for that section with an unusually difficult section, with an unusually high amount of high-difficulty questions.

• zbt2001zbt2001 Core Member
    15 karma

@"Matt Sorr"
    Thank you so much, this really helped! I was under the assumption that the 4/5 difficulty was basically the entire exam and that 7sage only used 1/2/3 to gear us up for the tougher questions.

Thank you again!