Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trouble Scheduling Through Prometric

2»

Comments

• tiptonmaudetiptonmaude Core Member
    62 karma

Is anyone having the problem where it only allows you to schedule an in person test? I want to test remotely now.

• tlryz9tlryz9 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

@lt175 @lsatlover-1 I would advise trying it again because the same thing happened to me. I just did it again this morning and got a confirmation.

• jchanggoawayjchanggoaway Core Member
    38 karma

@lt175 I did get a confirmation email from Prometric. The email came through before the webpage finished loading. And when I log into LSAC account, I can see the corresponding registration info.

• Daniel DunnDaniel Dunn Alum Member
    13 karma

This was not fun.

• SlowDownSlowDown Alum Member
    84 karma

@lt175 @lsatlover-1 Not sure if anyone is still struggling, but I was able to get my test scheduled by calling Prometric (rather than LSAC). Woman on the phone was very helpful and I got a confirmation email before she even finished talking.

edited July 2023 38 karma

For those taking the exam in August - if you have relatively easy access to a test center (like me), how did you decide on test center vs. the remote option? I have serious doubts about Prometric's remote proctor capabilities, given how they botched the scheduling process. On the other hand, the Prometric test center in my area has terrible reviews online... Just curious how people are making this decision. Thanks!

• tiareynolds71tiareynolds71 Live Member
    20 karma

I did finally get through after three attempts. LSAC told me to completely sign out and sign back in after each try and it worked for me the first time.

• mikalyn.greenzweigmikalyn.greenzweig Live Member
    504 karma

@jchanggoaway Hey, to answer your question about how I decided whether I was going to take the August exam online or in-person, I decided it would be best for me to take in person. I took the LSAT in June for the second time online. Unfortunately, I had a terrible proctor. She interrupted me 4 times throughout my exam because she couldn't see my entire face when I was writing something (even though another proctor came into the room and said that I was perfectly fine), made me rescan my room during the middle of the test, didn't stop the clock each time, and reported me to LSAC where they eventually got back to me saying that they reviewed and I was okay but I would not be given the option to retake even though I lost about 7/8 on the test in total. The second half of my test my anxiety was through the roof because she threatened to cancel my test if I went out the screen one more time (even though I was already given the go ahead by another proctor). All this to say, it's not worth me going through the stress and anxiety of taking remotely again. I ended up scoring 6 points under the average and felt that if I didn't have these interruptions I wouldn't be taking it again. Though I know the proctor was just trying to do her job, personally, there's already enough stress going into the test and I'd rather take in person with possible disturbances of being surrounded by other students and a real proctor (if there are even any distractions) then go through that again. Everyone's experience is different, so I say do what will cause you the least amount of stress and worry. If you are really concerned about the Prometric test in your area, maybe give them or LSAC a call to get more information on what the process will look like on the day of the test, this might resolve some of your concerns.

38 karma

@"mikalyn.greenzweig" Hi, Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm so sorry for what happened in June. I think I will stick with in-person and I will give the test center a call. That's a great suggestion. Good luck!!