Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simulating real LSAT environment

MTreigysMTreigys Core Member
in General 108 karma

Hi, so I'm wondering whether one should practice taking the test on the LSAC's actual website and software before test day? I'm just wondering since it seems rational to think that one should at least be somewhat acclimated to the actual software that we'll be taking the test on. Obviously, this has drawbacks since I believe we get our results right away on the LSAC's testing software when taking PTs, but maybe we can take PTs in the 1-34? A response would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited July 2023 2239 karma

I think it's wise to use LawHub some before your actual test. Luckily, LawHub's interface is similar to 7Sage's, so it probably won't take you long (if any time at all) to adjust. Still, the interface is slightly different, and I found that the first few times I attempted questions on LawHub it felt a bit strange because the words, lines, and answer choices are spaced out/formatted a bit differently than on 7Sage. Therefore, I'd advise you take at least 2 or 3 PTs on LawHub before taking the real test, or as many tests as you need to feel comfortable on LawHub.

As for the results being immediate with LawHub, that doesn't have to be the case. When you select a PT to attempt on LawHub, you must first click "new test," then you're given the option between "Self-Paced Mode" and "Exam Mode." If you select "Self-Paced Mode," you're able to continue viewing questions after you've ran out of time in a section, choose the order you'd like to complete the sections in, and revisit sections you've completed. Your answers won't be submitted or your results shown to you until you manually submit the questions/sections. What I'll often do is complete the PT on LawHub, start the PT on 7Sage, then manually enter my answers from LawHub into 7Sage. Though this doesn't give you timing data, it allows you to BR, enter the right/wrong answer data into your analytics, and keep track of which PTs you've completed. Also, though it's a bit tedious, it doesn't take me more than about 3 minutes per section, so the time tradeoff is worth it.

I hope this helps!

• MTreigysMTreigys Core Member
    108 karma

@"Matt Sorr" said:
    I think it's wise to use LawHub some before your actual test. Luckily, LawHub's interface is similar to 7Sage's, so it probably won't take you long to (if any time at all) to adjust. Still, the interface is slightly different, and I found that the first few times I attempted questions on LawHub it felt a bit strange because the words, lines, and answer choices are spaced out/formatted a bit differently than on 7Sage. Therefore, I'd advise you take at least 2 or 3 PTs on LawHub before taking the real test, or as many tests as you need to feel comfortable on LawHub.

As for the results being immediate with LawHub, that doesn't have to be the case. When you select a PT to attempt on LawHub, you must first click "new test," then you're given the option between "Self-Paced Mode" and "Exam Mode." If you select "Self-Paced Mode," you're able to continue viewing questions after you've ran out of time in a section, choose the order you'd like to complete the sections in, and revisit sections you've completed. Your answers won't be submitted or your results shown to you until you manually submit the questions/sections. What I'll often do is complete the PT on LawHub, start the PT on 7Sage, then manually enter my answers from LawHub into 7Sage. Though this doesn't give you timing data, it allows you to BR, enter the right/wrong answer data into your analytics, and keep track of which PTs you've completed. Also, though it's a bit tedious, it doesn't take me more than about 3 minutes per section, so the time tradeoff is worth it.

I hope this helps!

Definitely a big help. Thank you. I recall using their interface a bit when I first started and remember it being mostly the same, though I recall them having a flagged option where you can flag questions. Probably also best to get used to highlighting on their software.